So this just happened...and this forum is to blame.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I had only heard the name Vieluxe briefly and never really gave it much of a second thought. Then the chatter picked up here on the forum and piqued my interest. Today, I now own a Vieluxe. Ironically, there was no holy grail search or anything like that to even have a great story to tell later on. Nope. I just threw the name Vieluxe into a local FB Marketplace search about 2 hours ago and there the damn thing was...just a 25 minute ride from home and only listed for sale less than 24 hours prior. I did what any flipper would do...I made a bit of a lowball offer based solely on the pics provided and attached a message that I’d like to work with him to get it at a bit of a better price than his ask. I figured we’d go back and forth like any good haggle and eventually meet somewhere in the middle. 2nd nope. He took my initial offer without question and money changed hands. So, tomorrow I now have to somehow wrestle this behemoth onto my trailer in the cold and snow, right? 3rd nope. It’s actually in the garage structure of a heated commercial storage facility that the seller owns. I can back my trailer right into the building and he will place the grill on my trailer with his forklift. He advertised it as needing an igniter and a cleaning. The pics look like it’s a good one. I’m a flipper at heart so I have no grand illusion of keeping it for anything more than the briefest of time. For the moment though, I am a Vieluxe owner...and I blame the good people of TVWBB for it.
View attachment 44402View attachment 44403View attachment 44404View attachment 44405
Give it a fair chance, cook on it a few times. You may want to keep it and use it!

Nice find! Not my cup of tea but for a tidy profit, certainly worthy for someone who appreciates it for what it is!

Yeah, that would definitely be me, but as Brian says that would put me outside permanently:oops:. It is good that he is so far from me!

Congrats Tom!!! I think you can’t truly choose the Vieluxe, it chooses you somehow in a baffling way. Spend any time with it, and you’ll be awed by its the craftsmanship and engineering. If you do end up passing it along, please check buyer’s background and references, go to their address to inspect the home environment, insist on monthly checkins etc.

Also, you will likely discover, as I did, the Vieluxe resto requires 20% resto, 80% just dismantling, cleaning reassembling. Be glad to share notes once you get around to the resto, esp if you decide to upgrade/replace the small bolts.
Does that model have a rotisserie burner?
Yes, the 3rd knob from right is rotis valve.

How long before one of you fellas weakens and makes the long drive? We should start a betting pool. I'd put the under-over at 3 days.
That's a tough one. How many people, apart from the members and guests of this board, actually know what a Vieluxe is and appreciate it's value? It's not something you see or hear about every day.

If I was single, I would already be getting an address and sending my deposit. But I want to stay married, so crazy insane stuff is a non-starter. Maybe a Vieluxe will show up closer to home - someday. I already am way over my head in other projects anyway. But the Vieluxe is the ultimate Weber museum piece. (Mine would be a WORKING museum. You can bet that if I had a functional Vieluxe I would use it!) I am super happy for any of us here fortunate enough to actually own one. Meanwhile, I have a very cool 1st generation Summit that I want to pick up where I left off on as soon as tax season is over and things warm up.

I have the good fortune or misfortune to have a wife who would give her blessing if I got the notion that I wanted to spend $800 on another grill, test fate in an old pickup truck driving half way across the continent and back, even take off from work to do it. Fortunately, or unfortunately, my Weberitis (or, in this case, Vieluxeitis) isn't that advanced (yet!).

I have the good fortune or misfortune to have a wife who would give her blessing if I got the notion that I wanted to spend $800 on another grill, test fate in an old pickup truck driving half way across the continent and back, even take off from work to do it. Fortunately, or unfortunately, my Weberitis (or, in this case, Vieluxeitis) isn't that advanced (yet!).
I have a deal for you.

20211008_160642.jpg

I will pay for gas.
Maybe a couple members will relay this thing.
Just think, in a year or two you will be hosting all of us with the summit and vieluxe.

Attachments

• 20220129_234327.jpg
    20220129_234327.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 9

Back