Skyline Blackout Edition is FINALLY DONE

They're out there if course, but like we've talked about extensively before they have mostly faded lids. I was interested in having a "new" Skyline lid so I reached out to Jeff at Independence porcelain about the possibility of him making me one.
Very true Steve

Ha ha, Bruce didn't know. Nobody knew except me and I never told anyone until now. Like I said before, I would still feel a lot more comfortable doing it if I sent him my Skyline lid to be able to copy the art work perfectly first. What he did do was from pictures I sent him of my lid so what he was able to come up with from that was more of a proof of concept than a finished product.View attachment 100346View attachment 100347

Its crooked tho

I once inquired about making a Skyline black kettle. Jeff seemed to think it was doable. While that would be very cool, this kind of stuff is beyond my pocketbook. I am fine with a bit of patina/fade as long as it all looks overall nice and all there. After all, these are 25-year-old grills!

My old Skyline had a little bit of fade on the top of the hood, but it never failed to wow people who saw it.

IMG_0379.jpg

Back