Skyline Blackout Edition is FINALLY DONE

Chicago is the capital for grills. For some dumb reason they were marketed and sold in New England. There isn’t a strong connection to Chicago since the sports teams don’t seem to be rivals. They are about as common as the red head genesis 13 bar grills around here.

I believe Sears Roebuck sold them on a national basis.

It would have been nice to have a regional model like the skyline. A New York Skyline, A Golden Gate Bridge one, a Vegas one etc
I think the reason Sears sold the "Skyline" was because of it's iconic Sears Tower (now spelled Willis but pronounced Sears if you're a true B&R Chicagoan).

Chicago is the capital for grills. For some dumb reason they were marketed and sold in New England. There isn’t a strong connection to Chicago since the sports teams don’t seem to be rivals. They are about as common as the red head genesis 13 bar grills around here.

It would have been nice to have a regional model like the skyline. A New York Skyline, A Golden Gate Bridge one, a Vegas one et

It would have been nice to have a regional model like the skyline. A New York Skyline, A Golden Gate Bridge one, a Vegas one et
That would be pretty cool...

Any idea on how much more something like that would cost over a plain reporcelain lid?

Thanks Steve! There is hope despite Bruce's negativity lol!!!
Ha ha, Bruce didn't know. Nobody knew except me and I never told anyone until now. Like I said before, I would still feel a lot more comfortable doing it if I sent him my Skyline lid to be able to copy the art work perfectly first. What he did do was from pictures I sent him of my lid so what he was able to come up with from that was more of a proof of concept than a finished product.Screenshot_20240918-191152.pngScreenshot_20240918-191242.png

They're definitely out there if you keep your eye out. I picked up one this year out of the four that I've seen for sale near me
They're out there if course, but like we've talked about extensively before they have mostly faded lids. I was interested in having a "new" Skyline lid so I reached out to Jeff at Independence porcelain about the possibility of him making me one.

Back