Skyline Blackout Edition is FINALLY DONE

The black knobs at igniter switch came off of this Silver I still have kickin around. It's getting pretty naked though. The cabinet doors have been given away and the table. The lid is kind of cool I think with the pinstripe and black handle but probably pretty common.

View attachment 100231
That is still my favorite of the Silver era. Two flip-up tables in a compact footprint. The black trim, pinstriping, and closed cabinet (despite the issues that brings) make this grill more appealing to modern eyes, yet underneath it is still a REAL Weber.

Absolutely stunning! My not so secret blackout is only partially done unassemblrx pieces🥵. Racing against the onset of cold weather with another project in front. Regardless, I don’t think mine will look that striking.

What was your final treatment on the black durawood? Did you do more than the black trim restorer I believe you mentioned? It looks perfect👍.

This for sure makes you a flagship member of the Skyline Club!

I was slacking Jon I thought you were gonna get ahead of me !

That’s gorgeous! I love the detail on this grill! Looks fantastic. What will the first cook be? Or is it designated for only looking at?

It will be a little hard but im definitely cooking on it.

Ill just rebuild it again in 25 years ...

For the 1st cook? I dont know, not sure. Suggestions ?

Not sure if you guys noticed but I also used some old burner tubes that i cleaned up, the ones with the dual flame center tube.

I noticed the spider guards and thought the crossover tube was a bit different. Nice touch! It’s amazing how well the burner tubes clean up!

Yea i bet the newer ones wont last that long / clean up that well. Even the genuine Webers I bet arent as high quality as they once were.

I recently cleaned up a set from my brother’s NG e330 and surprisingly they cleaned up really nice. But it’s easy to tell that grill didn’t have much use from the condition of the flavor bars and the lack of buildup in the cook box.

I saw a nice looking one for sale in Palatine earlier this year.
I think you keep better track of the grills for sale near me than I do. I might have seen that one and just don't remember, if they are too messed up they don't stick or I just straight up missed it.

I think you keep better track of the grills for sale near me than I do. I might have seen that one and just don't remember, if they are too messed up they don't stick or I just straight up missed it.
I remember it well, because it was pretty decent, and at $75. I checked an hour or so later, sold.

It seems I recall the far away ones I “miss out” on better than the close ones.

Chicago is the capital for grills. For some dumb reason they were marketed and sold in New England. There isn’t a strong connection to Chicago since the sports teams don’t seem to be rivals. They are about as common as the red head genesis 13 bar grills around here.

I believe Sears Roebuck sold them on a national basis.

It would have been nice to have a regional model like the skyline. A New York Skyline, A Golden Gate Bridge one, a Vegas one etc

Chicago is the capital for grills. For some dumb reason they were marketed and sold in New England. There isn’t a strong connection to Chicago since the sports teams don’t seem to be rivals. They are about as common as the red head genesis 13 bar grills around here.

I believe Sears Roebuck sold them on a national basis.

It would have been nice to have a regional model like the skyline. A New York Skyline, A Golden Gate Bridge one, a Vegas one etc

Here is the brochure from our archives which confirms that Weber partnered with Sears to sell the Skyline Series grills. That probably explains the nationwide distribution, especially wherever Sears was strong back then.

Back