Simple cook on my new Performer

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
Was lucky enough to pick up a new blue Performer last week. Story here, http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?50656-Dark-Blue-Performer-Platinum . Between work and the holiday, tonight was the first time I was able to cook on it. Decided to do burgers, dogs and hassleback potatoes.

Potatoes on first. Used a mix or butter, olive oil, garlic, fresh grated Parmesan and pepper.

Added the burgers and dogs after about 50 minutes and basted the potatoes again.

Toasted the buns and moved the burgers over direct heat.

Plated pic. Avocado made its way onto the burger.

I absolutely love my new grill.

Great grill, great meal, great photos. Did I mention everything looks great? :) Congrats and please thank your son for his service.........

I like how you made your potatoes. Did you use a potato slicer? And did they come out mashed in the middle, or did they end up as potato slices?

Great first cook, can't argue with a burger. Never done hassleback on the kettle, will have to try it

Great cook and plate is picture PERFECT! A great way to break in a great machine....nicely done my friend.

I like how you made your potatoes. Did you use a potato slicer? And did they come out mashed in the middle, or did they end up as potato slices?

Just used a knife. Followed directions I saw online and used a chop stick on either side of the spud so I could not cut all the way through it. The ended up as slices.

Great first cook, can't argue with a burger. Never done hassleback on the kettle, will have to try it

First time I had even tried it. The cooked for around 70 min. Should have left them a little longer. Still a little firm for what I wanted.

Back