Simple BBRs on a nice Saturday afternoon

Monty House

TVWBB Pro
Weather forecast called for blue skies today, so I dropped by my friendly Costco and bought a vacupak of BBRs--$2.49/lb. Mustard base with Gates BBQ rub that was a gift. Cut each of the three racks into half, which fit nicely within my IKEA pot lid organizer (and my 18.5 WSM). Straight hickory--sparingly--running between 235-265 (the latter as I got hungrier). Took thinner pieces off at 4 hour mark and rest at 5 hour. As soon as they came off, brushed Danny Gaulden's rib glaze on it--first time for me......delicious. My wife--whose a big sweet rib fan--said "Finally, you're making them right!" (I'm typically a dry rib proponent.) Enjoy.

chim_zps35a699a0.jpg

must_zpsbb948c35.jpg

ikea_zps67034c24.jpg

racks_zps625075dd.jpg

ribs_zpsc696a401.jpg

Nice looking ribs Monty!! Your ribs look perfect although I had to stand on my head to view em(but it was way worth it!!)

I'm not a babyback fan but I think I'm starting to take a second look. I usually do spares for the meatier bone but dude that line of thought is out the window now. Great color, nice glaze, meaty ribs = nice cook.

Very nice cook!

I did 3 BB ribs yesterday too. I hung all three racks in my Smokey Joe 16 gallon UDS.
Our local Costco here sells BB ribs for over $3/lb. I got my BB ribs yesterday at Restaurant Depot for $2.47/lb. Even cheaper by the case.

Back