Shrimp New Orleans style

Tony,

Very creative BBQ Shrimp that was actually cooked on a BBQ (here in NOLA it is done in the oven or on the stovetop)! Now that is what I call putting things in their proper context...

Regards,

John

ok Troy... you got rice with shrimp n Andouille with cilantro? and what's the red sauce???
Looks like it's saying "EET ME NOW!"

That shrimp looks fantastic!!! For some reason I always thought Heinz Chili Sauce was a Northern thing.

Troy, I really like your version (served on a bed of rice with sausage) a lot better then the recipe suggests. I must ask, how spicy is this? While I love spicy foods, my wife and sons, not so much. This recipe has definitely jumped to the top of my list! Looks awesome!
Tim

Troy, I really like your version (served on a bed of rice with sausage) a lot better then the recipe suggests. I must ask, how spicy is this? While I love spicy foods, my wife and sons, not so much. This recipe has definitely jumped to the top of my list! Looks awesome!
Tim
Tim
I used only 1/2 t of the cayenne and it had plenty of heat but still might be more then your family might prefer. Could leave it out and add your favorite hot sauce to yours. I also made 2 batches of sauce, first one to marinate shrimp overnight and then cooked in the same batch and the second to pour over when plated. Added the saffron rice also. Will definitely make again.
Here is a link to another great shrimp dish. It's a Ruth Chris copycat.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ruth-s-chris-new-orleans-style-bbq-shrimp-233153/

Back