Shotgun shells

I’ve tried them, but, the first recipe said an hour but, the shells were virtually raw, the concept really intrigues me, last one I read said three, I really want them to be as stupendous as I imagine but, twice I’ve tried them with less than stellar results. Big party next week that I’d have like to do them for but, I don’t have time to test the recipe again. I really, really like the idea!

I’ve tried a couple of versions and they’ve always had inedible manicotti tubes, how long did you let them ride!
I stuffed and wrapped them and then let sit overnight. Seasoned and cooked today for just over an hour at 300 on the pellet grill. The video I saw said let them sit after built for at least four hours.

Oh my. What exactly are in these, Gary? Looks excellent.
So you make a mix of ground beef(hamburger meat in Texas 🤣) and Italian sausage. Add cheese and hatch chilis to the mix. Stuff in a raw manicotti shell and wrap with bacon. Then let sit at least four hours in the fridge. I did overnight. I had my doubts but the shell was actually tender and had a nice chew.

I’ve tried them, but, the first recipe said an hour but, the shells were virtually raw, the concept really intrigues me, last one I read said three, I really want them to be as stupendous as I imagine but, twice I’ve tried them with less than stellar results. Big party next week that I’d have like to do them for but, I don’t have time to test the recipe again. I really, really like the idea!
I had my doubts but letting them sit in the fridge overnight seemed to work great. When I first saw the concept I assumed you had to parboil the pasta, but after watching the meat church video I went for it. I could tell I was biting through pasta but definitely not tough. The only parts that had a little chew were the ends that were not covered by the bacon.

I had my doubts but letting them sit in the fridge overnight seemed to work great. When I first saw the concept I assumed you had to parboil the pasta, but after watching the meat church video I went for it. I could tell I was biting through pasta but definitely not tough. The only parts that had a little chew were the ends that were not covered by the bacon.
Both sound like good tips, I’ll try the overnight trick! Thank Gary!!

So you make a mix of ground beef(hamburger meat in Texas 🤣) and Italian sausage. Add cheese and hatch chilis to the mix. Stuff in a raw manicotti shell and wrap with bacon. Then let sit at least four hours in the fridge. I did overnight. I had my doubts but the shell was actually tender and had a nice chew.
That is awesome. I will be trying these.

I’m making a batch for next Saturday’s ”Big Summer Bash” using that overnight trick! Doing an overnight brisket, there will be plenty of grill space, planning on two 22” kettles fired up, possibly the 18 and the gasser for “hot service” if the chafing dishes aren’t enough. The overnight “dry soak“ is a very smart little bit of info that was omitted in the versions (3) that I’d looked at!
Im considering “pig shots“ too but, I’ve not decided yet.

Normally, for skeet, I use 3/4 oz of shot, a claybuster wad, 16 grains of Red Dot powder, and a Win 209 Primer. But yours look a lot more delicious that mine. 😝

Many years ago I used to load and reload 12 ga shotgun shells. Now I think that would rather just
eat some like yours......

Back