Shopping and Social Distancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, you are correct with your correction! Looks like I need peanuts too! The feta stuffed peppers are good too, looks like I need to get out for a few minutes tomorrow.
OMG, the Kirkland Super Extra-Large Peanuts are like crack.
s-l1000.jpg

I “decant” the big can into a smaller one and keep it near my recliner! It’s a less “bad for me snack” than potato chips, Fritos, etc. my doctor would probably say it’s better than bacon too. (I tend to disagree with him on that simply out of principal!)

One thing I've seen is TP and PT are making a comeback and well stocked at all the stores.

Tim

Went to Menards today to get some Cat5 cable. They have all kind of stupid rules. Hard for those of us with kids in the house. No one under 16 in the store, some PIA rentacop in the front door and a mask/kid cop. He gave me a bad time because he didn't like how I wore my mask. Told him to back off. Unless he's going to go around the store and stop others including employees who were not even wearing the stupid things to get his hands off me. So as I am leaving I see young children forced to sit outside the door because a parent can't bring them in! They need to get over themselves!

Would Lowe's have the cable? They're only a little bit north of Menards.

Plus if you go to Lowe's you'll go right by Countryside Meats...;)
Haven't gone to Countryside in a while. I really like the folks but sadly I wasn't as happy with the value of quality vs price. We now have a very nice little store right in the village of Cherry Valley called Cattle and Cream. They have a full service meat counter. So unless I am buying in bulk i.e. a full Prime Strip Loin or whole prime Tenderloin, etc I shop there. They custom cut, I can get the big beef short ribs there as well. No one else sells them. Yeah, I have a gift card for Lowes I should have stopped up there. But I needed a lawn fertilizer that's made in Eau Claire WI similar to Milorganite but cheaper and IMO maybe a touch better. Tellin ya the guy was lucky I didn't break his arm. Really getting fed up with all the nonsense.

Larry, you need to get a guitar so you can relax. Places are doing what they can to be fairly obliging, the rent a cop is just doing his job. Think of the movie “Stripes” and:
“Lighten up, Francis.”

It's gone on for too long and with too much. Any patience I had is gone. Yes I do need to either get my Martin fixed or find another. Yes I do miss strumming. Sadly one of the best friends I had in the world who I jammed with all the time was taken from us all too soon by Alzheimer's. Anyway I am trying to unwind with more tinkering. See my post on adding the oil pressure gauge to my tractor. Anyway I think I am not alone in getting ready to totally lose my $^&t. Look at what's going on. It's gotta stop

Just back from Costco and it was busy! I was only there for one thing: charcoal. About a 5 min wait for the self checkout. The 'regular' line was about three times longer, but I think it was moving pretty well. Walked out with two twin packs of K-Professional and will be trying that out for the first time tonight on some Huli Huli Chicken.

I still only go out to pick up my meds and to shop once a week at the most. I don't eat out very often because I'm on a salt restricted diet and I'm so used to not having much salt in my foods I can't stand the over salted foods restaurants serve.
I guess that's why I have so many grills.

Besides Rich with good cooks like you and Barb you know what is in the food, at a restaurant it is a crap shoot. I feel much better with a home cooked meal, taking turns cooking and clean up keeps you active and less bored.
Stay safe .

Costco had some dandy ribeyes for tomorrow! Fairly busy but, I wasn’t delayed too long. Every one had masks and no one seemed too put upon regarding the order of them.
Meijer’s is getting a little tougher about it but there are some who will not be socially responsible.
Sorry Larry, “I calls ‘em like I sees ‘em.”

I stopped at a liquor store earlier today but didn't have a mask with me, and when I saw the note on the door asking patrons to please mask up I reluctantly turned around. Which was difficult to do, as liquor stores are very hard to find in Wisconsin.

It's gone on for too long and with too much. Any patience I had is gone. Yes I do need to either get my Martin fixed or find another. Yes I do miss strumming. Sadly one of the best friends I had in the world who I jammed with all the time was taken from us all too soon by Alzheimer's. Anyway I am trying to unwind with more tinkering. See my post on adding the oil pressure gauge to my tractor. Anyway I think I am not alone in getting ready to totally lose my $^&t. Look at what's going on. It's gotta stop

Larry I'm so bored with this self imposed house arrest I'm restoring a vacuum cleaner for something to do. Dogs don't seem to want to have conversations with me much anymore I guess we just don't have that much to talk about now.
Barb was off yesterday and we went to Home Depot and I got giddy walking around looking at all the stuff. First time I've been out of the house in almost three weeks.
Wednesday UPS delivered two big bags of dog food and it was like Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back