Seldom Found: Genesis Silver with good bottom

You might be able to swap out the lid sides with the lids --- its obvious from the pics that they are different - but it appears the lids are the same shape.

Bruce, I did not try the end caps. Only the handles.
I did not try the endcaps because the Gold has the OEM temp gauge on the side.

Do the Platinum SS and the Gold SS use the same SS lid handle.
Also will any colored lids fit with either end caps.
What I was attempting was to use a colored lid with the SS lid handle.
I tried a Genesis 1000 green lid with the Gold End Caps but they are 5 pin to the Golds 6 pin

I think the gold and Platinum use the same handle. But that doesnt help you. I think you will need to stick with end caps for a colored lid along with it's handle. If it was critical, the stainless handle might be a universal size and you could maybe get a round SS tube and cut it to the length needed as I think the round handle on the colored lids might fit the ends for the SS handles. But you would have to determine that for sure. I am not positive.

It appears the Genesis Gold frame is better in most spots compared to the Genesis Silver Frame.
It is a little worn where Grill mounting bolt is but other than that it is in pretty good shape.
It even already has the bumpers and it appears it has a mount for the scale.

Genesis Gold Frame pic 1.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 2.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 3.jpgGenesis Gold Frame pic 4.jpg

I think the gold and silver frames are identical. The handles and stuff like that might be different however.
Also, a lot of times I have picked up grills that I thought were going to be full of rust, but once I got them taken apart and pressure washed, they were in surprisingly good shape.

And yes, the scale mounts to those two holes in the panel above the two bumpers.

Back