Schulz/Peanuts Article

Thanks for posting that article as I'm a big fan of his. Every year since a Charlie Brown Christmas came on TV, I've watched it along with my family and then with my own kids. Even to this day my daughter will call me to remind me when it will be on.

Thanks for posting that article as I'm a big fan of his. Every year since a Charlie Brown Christmas came on TV, I've watched it along with my family and then with my own kids. Even to this day my daughter will call me to remind me when it will be on.
I can remember as a toddler getting quite upset if any of my family talked while I sat in front of the TV watching an episode :rolleyes:

I remember when the final one ran, it was kind of a “now what” moment? Peanuts kept on…

I was/am a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan too, and when Bill Watterson called it, the comic just totally disappeared from print. At least locally for me. But I have the books and collections…

The world needs the Peanuts Gang.... Lots of little bite sized life lessons there. I think of this one often in my professional life... It helps me laugh and keep my sense of humor during tough situations.

1676820691855.png

My mom is a big fan of Charles Schulz, and this morning I saw this in her kitchen table.
I am a member of the Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, CA (my childhood hometown) and attended the USPS first day of issue ceremony for this stamp last fall. They were overwhelmed by the number of people showing up for the event and to purchase first day postmarked stamps. These photos show a fraction of the people there, most were outside in line to buy stamps. Jean Schulz is on stage in the first photo (on the right, wearing blue pants).

The wall in the background is of the famous football kicking routine, made up entirely of weekday comic strips printed on porcelain tiles.

If you're a Peanuts fan and visiting the Sonoma County wine country north of San Francisco, you must spend an afternoon at the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center where you can see tons of original strips, special exhibits and artifacts, and a re-creation of Schulz’s art studio with tools, gifts from family and friends, memorabilia, and his personal library.

IMG_5848.JPG

IMG_5852.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

If you get the chance, come to Santa Rosa and tour the museum.
2301 Hardies Lane,
Santa Rosa, California 95403
(707) 579-4452

We have been a couple times. Being an auto mechanic I have a love/hate relationship with engineers. I thought this was hilarious even though it referencing a different type.
IMG_1452.JPG

Back