Saw a Cyber Truck in person

Rivian trucks start at $70K and will all the bells and whistles $88K. If you don't install a charging station (220) which can cost $3K - $10K and charge your EV at 110, for every hour on the 110 charger, you get about 3 miles. 300 miles would take 4 days of constant 110 charging

I have been driving pickup trucks my whole life.

It’s sad that what used to be one of the most affordable vehicles has now morphed into a lifestyle vehicle. How it looks and whether it has Apple CarPlay and a heated steering wheel has become the deciding factor if it’s a good truck or not.

Generally speaking of course.

I know the members of this forum are all rugged individualists who are function over form types.

I had never seen a Tesla truck in person until yesterday, then saw 2 in different areas of the city. I thought the pictures of them looked bad.........

I wouldn’t get a Rivian I just think they look better than Elon’s toy.

I’m buying two new gas vehicles a year before this electric only BS kicks in. I want nothing to do with it.

Nothing against them (electrics) just don't BS me and tell me they're gonna save the planet. Or that they're "cleaner", yaddy ya ya. They have a place. Which is why I'll consider one for limited use. I just don't get the fascination with making so many of them look so uuuuuuugly and weird. Or behave so weird.

Nothing against them (electrics) just don't BS me and tell me they're gonna save the planet. Or that they're "cleaner", yaddy ya ya. They have a place. Which is why I'll consider one for limited use. I just don't get the fascination with making so many of them look so uuuuuuugly and weird. Or behave so weird.
Trying to stay ahead of the Chinese invasion.

Rivians are nice, cybertruck’s are stupid looking.

I grew up a Ford guy but got pissed when the paint came off the brand new escape I bought the wife in 13. I told them the paint has come off every F-150 I’ve owned, every F-150 my company has given me and now this escape, fix it or I’m out.
We now drive a Highlander and I’ll be buying a Tundra right before retirement.
I still have 2 F-150’s with terrible paint. 🤔
I have a 13' Ford and the paint is just "whispered" on. They must have painted the entire vehicle with a pint of paint. I’d rule out environmental causes and say it's corporate cost cutting measures that have optimized the application process.

To the point, no Tesla's in my future.

Last edited:
IMO, battery technology just isn't ready yet. Too expensive, too heavy, and too long to recharge. I'm also not convinced that recycling is up to snuff. And the only way that power generation should be justified for them is by wind, solar, wave, or nuclear (fusion, preferably, not fission, but that's yet another discussion.) Society went through the same issues when the internal combustion technology was new.

IMO, battery technology just isn't ready yet. Too expensive, too heavy, and too long to recharge. I'm also not convinced that recycling is up to snuff. And the only way that power generation should be justified for them is by wind, solar, wave, or nuclear (fusion, preferably, not fission, but that's yet another discussion.) Society went through the same issues when the internal combustion technology was new.
Wife bought a 2014 Hyundai hybrid. The battery took up most of the trunk space.
She traded it in for a 2017 Hyundai hybrid. The battery is tucked away hardly noticeable.

Only thing we gave up on our RAV by getting a hybrid is the ability to have a rear seat that slides back and forth. On the ICE models only the rear seat is adjustable. Small price to pay for Toyota reliability, AND the ability to grab 50 MPG out of an SUV no less.
Only high tech things I trust is Toyota or Honda. They may not set the world on fire, but that's fine. Gimme reliable all day long

There are Cyber Trucks all over the place where I live, most have been wrapped in black or personal company names. My buddy is on the wait list since he has to have the newest in thing. I personally think they are terrible looking and I have no need for an electric vehicle.

The truck below is the one I wanted that got away.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.png
    IMG_0643.png
    674 KB · Views: 6
So, yesterday, driving Blake to soccer and what pulls in front of me? The ugliest thing I've ever seen this side of a Pontiac Aztec. The Cyber Truck. What is Elon thinking?
That's $100,000! I never sat in one but the visibility from the inside can't be too good, maybe it has blind spot monitors.

Will never be 100k for me. LOL. Looked like a total POC. You could EASILY see all the mismatched body panels and seams. Not a single panel was fitted well on it. Need my head candled to have one. Not even for $10k

Back