Saw a Cyber Truck in person

OTOH...... the new light trucks provide more power, more braking capacity, far better suspensions and a ride that was only matched by monster Cadillacs from a few decades ago. My '12 bone stock diesel easily outperformed my '99 mildly modified diesel in every category WITH a factory warranty.

Hard to argue trucks have grown exponentially to their actual capabilities. Frankly it's ridiculous IMO
From what I read, vehicle manufacturers spend a lot of money researching what people will spend money on.

These ridiculous lifestyle vehicles jammed with every creature comfort are what people want so they can replace something they lost from eating too much soy…

In my opinion of course.

From what I read, vehicle manufacturers spend a lot of money researching what people will spend money on.

These ridiculous lifestyle vehicles jammed with every creature comfort are what people want so they can replace something they lost from eating too much soy…

In my opinion of course.
I'd have thought that was patently obvious. No reason to spend money on options nobody will pay for, and every reason to price those options up for all the market will bear. You do need to be able to quantify that research as much as possible before going to production. Look at everything that's now requiring a monthly subscription now on the new vehicles.

When I bought my '12 in '15, it had a nice spray-in bedliner. I ordered a color matched cap for it from a local shop (additional outlet for a truck appearance chain.) This shop was a complete restoration shop, right down to full frame and body separation restores. The owner told me to back in the door, then detailed 4 of his guys to pick up the cap and walk it over the bed rails while the 5th (young gent) aligned it up and fastened it down. The kid climbed down out of the bed, turned back around and almost tripped over his jaw. Remember, full restoration shop...... body sanding dust EVERYWHERE. He'd left dusty gray footprints all over the box, and he thought for sure that he was going to get chewed out. I chuckled and said "it's a truck. I expect it to get dirty." Apparently, that's an exceedingly uncommon viewpoint.

Roll on bed liner is what I used on the floor pan of my Kubota. Stuff is holding up great IIRC called Duraliner or some such name.

Roll on bed liner is what I used on the floor pan of my Kubota. Stuff is holding up great IIRC called Duraliner or some such name.
Last truck had a Duraliner, this one has a Herculiner. At least, I think that's right. The old truck's liner was a little thicker. As with any coating, preparation is key prior to application.

Oh, and a hard NO to a slip-in polyethylene liner. Too slippery, nothing will stay in place, and they do abrade the paint underneath and rust it out.

Back to the Cybertruck.... Personally, I don't see any use for any of these coatings or devices on them. :D

If people stop buying them, they will stop making them. Let's all go back to carburetors, oil bath filters, drum brakes and bias ply. We all look back fondly on the good ol days, but for the day to day operation, those things are terrible to drive. Having to work on it everyday, I get frustrated with how tech crazy vehicles have gotten but they keep getting sold.

I've driven my volt for over 100k miles over the last eight years and love it. Has saved me a lot of coin and I enjoy the quiet ride. To each their own, speak with your wallets. If no one buys it, they won't make it(sorry Camaro).

My wife and I both drive Toyotas and I my own maintenance on my truck so the Car Care Nut is someone I respect.

He did an review of the Cybertruck and anyone interested about it would probably appreciate his take:

Fwiw- if you don’t want to watch here is the reader’s digest version-

Groundbreaking technology
Questionable design
Shoddy fit and finish

Back