Sauce for brisket?

I know you asked for a commercial sauce, but this is an easy recipe that's legit with brisket and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.

I’m not sure how widely it’s distributed, but Franklin’s Texas sauce and Espresso sauce are terrific - the Espresso is great on brisket.
Jeff

When we have a crowd over, I usually put out 2 or 3 home-made sauces and a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays original. You can always tell who's not used to eating grilled food. They reach for the SBR every time. I stock up when it's on sale for $ .99/bottle and toss anything less than a half bottle remaining after a feed.
Five or six years ago SBR appeared at Costco at like $2/bottle so I bought a couple based on what I'd heard from others. Tastes like library paste to me. Anyone want an aged bottle of SBR?

SBR use to make a raspberry chipotle that was awesome but no longer. Make up a quick batch using 1 cup Balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup brown sugar onion diced very fine 1 cup ketchup simmer to reduce to desired thickness and can add water to thin out. Works well with any meat

I know you asked for a commercial sauce, but this is an easy recipe that's legit with brisket and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.

Made it and it is Okay. It’s more of a sauce you could use for pulled pork or brisket. It’s not great for either but Okay for either.
I’m going to use it for meatloaf.

I just picked up some Franklin BBQ sauce. I haven't had the chance to try it. He makes a vinegar sauce and a standard bbq sauce. I'll also say Stubb's Original is a favorite of mine. Another favorite for pork is Salt Lick's sauce. It'd probably be good on brisket as well. Head Country is another good one.

Stubbs and done. Spicy but regular is also good. It’s pretty much the only store bought I use on beef and pork and whatever else. Occasionally some Sweet Baby Rays but Stubbs took over.

One 'sauce' that I've tasted often is Blue Hog Regular BBQ Sauce (and sometimes their Competition blend) cut with Au Jus.

large_c8904533-29e3-4797-8e48-ad1e0fee0e1c.jpg
Picked this up, good stuff. I used it on some pulled pork, I can imagine it being good on just about anything.

Rib Rack makes some nice sauces. The one that I have now they call Cider.
Give it a try if you see it.

Blues Hog is just sickly sweet to me, but it is hugely popular.
I totally agree. When I was a KCBS Rep and also judge, I bet more than 50% of entries had Blues Hog sauce applied. I think it is the high fructose corn syrup and tamarind that makes it too sweet for my tastes. I’m not much of a sauce fan, anyway.

I totally agree. When I was a KCBS Rep and also judge, I bet more than 50% of entries had Blues Hog sauce applied. I think it is the high fructose corn syrup and tamarind that makes it too sweet for my tastes. I’m not much of a sauce fan, anyway.
At times, it feels as though the percentage has increased...
It is one of the sauces I keep in the refrig, 1/2 gallon worth.... ;)

Back