Sauce for brisket?

Jeff Boudman

TVWBB Wizard
I don’t use sauce for beef but my in-laws do. I’ll be smoking a brisket while they’re here.
Any recommendations for commercial sauces would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

Not sure how far out it is sold distance-wise, but we have a local company here called CarterQue, that has an outstanding Black Raspberry sauce that is great on brisket. It is sold in many stores around here (Maryland), but I think that you can order it online.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

large_c8904533-29e3-4797-8e48-ad1e0fee0e1c.jpg

When we have a crowd over, I usually put out 2 or 3 home-made sauces and a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays original. You can always tell who's not used to eating grilled food. They reach for the SBR every time. I stock up when it's on sale for $ .99/bottle and toss anything less than a half bottle remaining after a feed.

When we have a crowd over, I usually put out 2 or 3 home-made sauces and a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays original. You can always tell who's not used to eating grilled food. They reach for the SBR every time. I stock up when it's on sale for $ .99/bottle and toss anything less than a half bottle remaining after a feed.
Bob, you've got to try some Stubbs. You'll never buy SBR's again

I like it on everything, typically on leftovers, but it's really good. I discovered it barhoppin in Nashville a few years back
Good enough for me, it’s going in the cart this weekend.
Funny enough leftovers is what I had in mind, I do not seem to like reheated beef EVER!

I know you asked for a commercial sauce, but this is an easy recipe that's legit with brisket and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.

1 quart Kitchen Basics Beef Stock, 1/4 cup of the brisket rub, 2 tablespoons Dales Steak Seasoning, 1-2 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Sauce, 1 teaspoon Worchestershire, 2 strips bacon. 2 tablespoons red wine, and any beef drippings you collect. Bring to boil, simmer for 1/2 hour. Serve it on the side in a dipping bowl or dip/brush the cut brisket before serving. Works for tritip too.

Back