Saturday Night Special

EricV.

TVWBB Guru
I’m not talking about the gun or Lynyrd Skynyrd, I mean Chicago Deep Dish Pizza in a cast iron skillet on the Kettle. Dough formed & the first layers are sliced provolone & mozzarella. Added my homemade Italian sausage, pepperoni, shrooms, sauce, basil & a bit more mozzarella & parm. On to the kettle, I pulled the pie when it had cooked a total of 45 minutes, I then let it rest for 15 minutes. It’s not Lou’s or Giordano’s but few are, this however was delish! Thanks for stopping by!

Attachments

• Provolone.jpg
    Provolone.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Mozzarella.jpg
    Mozzarella.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Homemade Italian.jpg
    Homemade Italian.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Pepperoni.jpg
    Pepperoni.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Shrooms.jpg
    Shrooms.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 34
  • San Marzano & Basil.jpg
    San Marzano & Basil.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 35
  • On to the Kettle.jpg
    On to the Kettle.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 37
  • It's Done.jpg
    It's Done.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Out of the Pan.jpg
    Out of the Pan.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Served!.jpg
    Served!.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 45
I’m not talking about the gun or Lynyrd Skynyrd, I mean Chicago Deep Dish Pizza in a cast iron skillet on the Kettle. Dough formed & the first layers are sliced provolone & mozzarella. Added my homemade Italian sausage, pepperoni, shrooms, sauce, basil & a bit more mozzarella & parm. On to the kettle, I pulled the pie when it had cooked a total of 45 minutes, I then let it rest for 15 minutes. It’s not Lou’s or Giordano’s but few are, this however was delish! Thanks for stopping by!
Makes me want a cast iron pan for pizza! Wow

Swap the last shot for “Old Style” and I’m onboard!
The blue stuff can clean the toilet bowl after the pie goes down but, I’ll pass on drinking it.😉
I hear what you’re saying, lol, however G. Heileman products are not readily available near me. I live in in Anheuser Bush country.

I hear what you’re saying, lol, however G. Heileman products are not readily available near me. I live in in Anheuser Bush country.
Fair enough,”Old Style” used to be everywhere around here,not so much these days! I’ve been partial to Labatt’s Blue and Modelo Negra lately. German beer has been sparse around here too, weird!

Back