Saturday Bone In Rib Roast

John Sully

TVWBB Fan
We have a small locally owned market where I live, West Islip NY, and they always have some kind of surprise in their butcher section. On Saturday my wife found a 5lb. bone in rib roast. She made a classic herb rub and I put it on the kettle with pecan. It took about 2 hours to reach 120 internal with the grill running between 290 and 340. It sure was a nice treat !! The plated picture isn't the best, but we were focused on eating !

20231104_131751.jpg20231104_162353.jpg20231104_185422.jpg20231104_185649.jpg

That looks great.
We always get a couple of two bone roasts around Christmas time when Safeway has whole in the bag rib roasts on sale. Just recently found one I forgot about that was in the freezer for 26 months. Cooked it up and it was great.

That looks great.
We always get a couple of two bone roasts around Christmas time when Safeway has whole in the bag rib roasts on sale. Just recently found one I forgot about that was in the freezer for 26 months. Cooked it up and it was great.
It was still good after 26 months ???

that's a fine looking cook there. really fine. musta been amazing to eat. props to your wife for being on radar high alert mode. clearly she still likes you.

Tis the season for prime rib, your wife's classic herb rub looks Wonderfull and you nailed that cook for sure...

Thanks John and Mrs. Sully

Back