Sardines like 'em or hate 'em?

Heads up sardine lovers, or those wanting to try them.
Costco has $3 off a 6 pack of Season skinless boneless in olive oil through Aug. 29.
These are darn good, a bit dry compared to regular sardines, very tuna like IMO.
Not sure what their current regular price is until I get there this week.

View attachment 34456
I tried these. Did not like them

You prefer saltines, Bob?

Saltines are great, but lightly toasted Wasa rye crackers are easier on the blood sugar.

I can't find Crown Prince in the area anymore. I talked to the company, and this is what they said...

Many of the big retailers went to centralized buying so the local store managers don't have as much input as they used to on selection. Trader Joe's carries our Skinless Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil under their private label (don't tell) and we do have items in the natural product stores like Sprouts or Whole Foods.

Heads up sardine lovers, or those wanting to try them.
Costco has $3 off a 6 pack of Season skinless boneless in olive oil through Aug. 29.
These are darn good, a bit dry compared to regular sardines, very tuna like IMO.
Not sure what their current regular price is until I get there this week.

View attachment 34456
Those are good, but no Costcos around here. They're about $2.00 a can at Walmart.

He lost me when he eschewed all farmed fish. He's dead wrong on that. IN many cases a properly raised farmed fish is safer than the same fish in the wild. He is correct on Tilapia as well in excess of it is raised in 3rd world countries or China and fed sewage pellets (think Milorganite lawn food).

Thanks to this thread I've been trying to eat sardines or kipper snacks once or twice a week. ( King Oscar Skinless & Boneless )
My Wife just bought a big package of saltines from Sam's and I want to try some Fire crackers.

Back