Samosa pie

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
We’ve been watching the Great British baking show for a couple years. one of the original judges, Mary Berry had the contestants make Samosa pie. Looked hearty and tasty so I gave her recipe a go. It’s basically a meat pie. You could use any type of ground meat. The recipe called for lamb but I used ground Turkey. The rest of the filling is potatoes, onion, peas, and spices. The recipe is salt,pepper, ginger, cumin and chili pepper flakes. You brown the meat and the spices, potatoes and peas and cover. Cook until the potatoes are soft. Let cool completely. When you’re ready make the dough for the crust. The recipe calls for a spring pan which I used. But you could use a cast iron skillet or a pie dish. Put your bottom crust in. Fill with the filling. Put on top crust. Crimp and seal cut a vent and

I could see this as being pretty tasty if you used smoked meat in it.

E89E7D28-230E-40E8-8A76-D7D32E0E9AAF.jpeg

96778E21-C025-43CB-8724-6FE5254EE7E7.jpeg

53DEB393-AE44-4833-85F1-0AE85C86199B.jpeg

E232344E-2052-48D5-9CF5-B92813E1E2B6.jpeg

483946F5-E450-47AA-BCA2-A91EFD73CE79.jpeg

D82A9B1D-F6E4-4111-902C-DC573E76E161.jpeg

Great cook, Case. My wife and I are both Mary Berry fans. That samosa looks excellent...how'd you like it?
Thank you! No soggy bottom!
We really liked it! I can see making it with all kinds of different spices. Even think it would be good as a seafood pie. The wheels are turning!

Looks like a great way to use up some leftover brisket!
Brisket, pulled pork, any leftover meat!
I actually think a seafood pie would be good
Wife would love that, do you have a recipe.
This is the recipe I used

Nice job Case! That looks great! The potential for different variants/flavor themes is crazy.
On a side note, my much better half and I made Paul Hollywood’s Chelsea Bun Christmas Tree a couple of years ago for the family Christmas. I learned very quickly how weak my dough game is. You can read about working dough all you want but you are going to have to get your hands sticky to really learn.

Nice job Case! That looks great! The potential for different variants/flavor themes is crazy.
On a side note, my much better half and I made Paul Hollywood’s Chelsea Bun Christmas Tree a couple of years ago for the family Christmas. I learned very quickly how weak my dough game is. You can read about working dough all you want but you are going to have to get your hands sticky to really learn.
Yeah I'm always learning something when it comes to dough. My wife makes an excellent pie crust so when it comes yo crust it usually falls into her lap. I did the crust on this and it wasn't to bad. It did seem like there should have been a bit more though.

Yeah I remember that episode and I'm pretty sure that my wife and I looked at each other with the firm glare of Hell NO! :ROFLMAO:

I need to come out to Oregon! Can I stay with you Case? My sister lives in Portland where I would be pressed into service as chief cook and bottle washer for the duration of my stay! I’ve had my shots!!
Took me a minute to figure out the vent “homage”!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm always learning something when it comes to dough. My wife makes an excellent pie crust so when it comes yo crust it usually falls into her lap. I did the crust on this and it wasn't to bad. It did seem like there should have been a bit more though.

Yeah I remember that episode and I'm pretty sure that my wife and I looked at each other with the firm glare of Hell NO! :ROFLMAO:
Case.. WTH. .. I‘ve seen posts of waaaaay to many of your cooks to believe that. You and yours would nail that.

Back