Same cook, different look

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It was steak night tonight. Normally, I do ribeye or strip, with filet for the wife. Tonight I got flat irons for myself and the boys. About the only thing cheaper these days in the beef department is chuck. Mine was seasoned with Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express. The others got "Raising The Steaks", also from Dizzy Pig. Also grilled up some asparagus and did some frozen fries in the oven.

Steaks rubbed and waiting:

DSC_0905_zps547f7e1e.jpg

At the turn:

DSC_0913_zps9eb671f6.jpg

Plated up with 'Gus and fries. Salad not pictured.

DSC_0922_zps4920813a.jpg

As we were finishing up dinner, I looked out and noticed the grill was still a little warm. I also remembered we had a surplus of bananas. So I decided it was finally time to give Weber's "Banana Boat" recipe a try. Here they are, ready for the grill. Recipe calls for the banana, marshmallows, chocolate, and walnuts. I don't like nuts in my desserts, so I just crumbled some graham crackers over the top instead.

DSC_0929_zps32b2c371.jpg

On the grill and warming up:

DSC_0933_zpsf05bcded.jpg

Done! I scooped the goodies out and served over vanilla ice cream. It was absolutely divine!

DSC_0937_zpse4993309.jpg

I think this about sums it up:

DSC_0942_zps0b9e3464.jpg

Enjoy what's left of your Monday!

Love the "finishing up" photo. I know it must have been good by the picture of your son getting the last bite...

Jim, you have steak grillin' and that camera all figured out.
Outstanding on both accounts!
And the b boats are killer!

Great looking meal, been awhile since I've had steak and fries. Steak looks grilled to perfection and the boats look perfect, best part of that final picture is the snowman placemat.

Man! Great food, great pics, it's not over till ya give your plate some licks!;)
Love those steaks, and the banana boats? Yum! :wsm:

Back