Sale Home Depot sale of Kingsford Original Charcoal at $9.88

They had tons at my local store. Even better, they even had a bunch of the older twin 20# bags for the same price.

Last edited:
Go to Lowe's and price match home depot and save an additional 10%. Plus I bet Lowe's has coupons online such as spend $50 and save $10. Buy online and pick it up 30 minutes later at the store! I'm buying at least 10 twin packs tomorrow.

My local store (Willow Grove, PA) had several pallets. Grabbed 6 twin packs, which should be plenty for now, and just about all I have the room to store until I can get the snow equipment back into the shed.

Jeff;
Chris explained that Kingsford has improved their briquettes - more charcoal and less "other things". Each briquette weighs less but there is the same number of briquettes in each bag as the 20 lb bags. Sounds like it may be an improved product. It'll be awhile before I go through my stash of the 20 lb. bags, tho'.

I'm looking forward to trying the new ones.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Jeff;
Chris explained that Kingsford has improved their briquettes
Yeah, that was over in this thread. By the way, I said "changed", not "improved". We'll see about that soon. :)

My HD was looking kind of picked over today:

IMG_4342_zpsn9gugyr7.jpg

Stopped by Lowe's...they've got a ton of the same K twin-paks but the price is nowhere near as good as The Depot.

IMG_4345_zpsg61vmmho.jpg

IMG_4344_zpsettj5bvj.jpg

I will get some today as I am doing turkey legs tomorrow. I still have about 150 pounds of the old stuff but will try the new this time.

got my ten yesterday in Roseville. Loaded the flat bed and heard a few snickers as I wheeled through the store. When loading my truck had a feller ask what I was going to use all that charcoal for...told him I did a lot of tailgating :)

Is everyone finding them to be "Thrill of the Grill" bags?
That's what they had at my HD, and I'm thinking it's the older style.
I think the newer style says something like keeps the bbq going longer.

Not that it makes a difference to me, but I plan a tri tip tomorrow and was going to use a char-basket of each for comparison.

Thanks for the link Chad!

Last edited:
Is everyone finding them to be "Thrill of the Grill" bags?
That's what they had at my HD, and I'm thinking it's the older style.
I think the newer style says something like keeps the bbq going longer.

Not that it makes a difference to me, but I plan a tri tip tomorrow and was going to use a char-basket of each for comparison.

Thanks for the link Chad!

I agree with Bob the ones I got are 18.6 but they don't say "Ready 25% faster" or whatever and they look and perform just like the old ones.

https://www.kingsford.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/kfd-product-page-orig-2.png

Sorry I have been busy the last couple of days. I think this goes till 4-20
read the instructions. You cant just copy and paste. I just ordered eight 20pound bags for $39.82 out the door.
http://slickdeals.net/f/7071014-lowes-com-coupon-code-for-20-off-100-10-off-or-15-off-50-50-off-250

That's a good deal!

I still have 7 of the 20 lb twin packs in the garage so no need to buy any right now. I'll wait till the Memorial Day sales begin and get more then. Prices should be around the same (approx $9.88 or so) as they've been for this one.

Sorry I have been busy the last couple of days. I think this goes till 4-20
read the instructions. You cant just copy and paste. I just ordered eight 20pound bags for $39.82 out the door.
http://slickdeals.net/f/7071014-lowes-com-coupon-code-for-20-off-100-10-off-or-15-off-50-50-off-250

Tried it this morning and it didnt work when i used the same number to replace the R's, so i gave up, later in the afternoon a friend msgs me the same promo code, so i try again but use random numbers to replace the R's and it worked! Great success! Will be picking up 4 of those 2 packs after work! Thank you sir! As i was unable to make it to Home Depot to take advantage of their sale this past weekend.

Back