Sale at Lowe’s Home Store

And it's still going down in price. I believe they refund if Price drops within 30 days of purchase

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-184918_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-184918_WhatsApp.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 28
I have successfully beaten down my urges to go buy a SmokeFire at these prices. Would love to have one to play with, to do comparison cooks against my Masterbuilt 560 , the WSM, and my Franklin offset ........... but its not gonna get much use on my patio.

Lynn,
I kind if want one for similar motivations. I am always curious and want to do my own hands on comparisons. This grill is so controversial that I especially would like to try one out. Beyond that I would like to see how it holds up if given careful attention.

Should I buy at that price ? You knows these smokers better than anyone.
I hate spending other peoples money, but I would definitely recommend an EX6 at $600. You’ll have to reach out to Weber and get all the latest parts including the newest internal parts that are thicker. I haven’t had an issue with mine in a long long time. I have learned to work with it and I love it.
Some people wish the app did more, but man it’s nice checking in on the phone at night to make sure everything is good.

Should I buy at that price ? You knows these smokers better than anyone.
I know you didn’t as for my opinion.
From your previous posts, I would say no in your case. You already own sever excellent grill/smokers.
Not worth buying just to experiment with. Never any complaints posted about food quality coming off the grill. Just numerous technical issues with some grills and quality of parts used.
For someone looking for a second grill for easy quick cooks, it’s a bargain at half off. Still have full factory warranty and Weber, at least at this point, is backing with great service.
Even if you buy it, play around with it for a couple months and resell it, you will still get a bunch of your money back.
What’s your opinion on the Franklin Smoker for the sticker price?
I’m sure it’s very well crafted?

I know you didn’t as for my opinion.
From your previous posts, I would say no in your case. You already own sever excellent grill/smokers.
Not worth buying just to experiment with. Never any complaints posted about food quality coming off the grill. Just numerous technical issues with some grills and quality of parts used.
For someone looking for a second grill for easy quick cooks, it’s a bargain at half off. Still have full factory warranty and Weber, at least at this point, is backing with great service.
Even if you buy it, play around with it for a couple months and resell it, you will still get a bunch of your money back.
What’s your opinion on the Franklin Smoker for the sticker price?
I’m sure it’s very well crafted?

Well, if I wanted to get in an intro into pellet smoking , this would be a good path. But you're right, I don't see it getting much use.

I love the Franklin. It does what I want to do with a backyard stick burner. There's critics saying its small, but its all I need. And Its not as small as they think.

I hate spending other peoples money, but I would definitely recommend an EX6 at $600. You’ll have to reach out to Weber and get all the latest parts including the newest internal parts that are thicker. I haven’t had an issue with mine in a long long time. I have learned to work with it and I love it.
Some people wish the app did more, but man it’s nice checking in on the phone at night to make sure everything is good.
Bruno, did your put the new parts in yet ??

Not yet, we finally got a ton of rain here and I haven’t had a chance. I’m also tempted to ride the older parts to death and add the new ones all at once. I’m still waiting on the flavorizer holders too.
If it were me I would ride the old parts as long as I could - because. As I understand it your original warranty period doesn't get extended by replacement parts. I wouldn't put them in until the original part is dead. I agree with you.

Picked up a Weber SS GBS grate for the Spirit 300 on clearance, was pretty sure that it would fit in the Smokefire E6. While I think that the GBS is a bunch of gimmicky BS, I do like the idea of SS grates, and for $16, I really didn't think that I could go wrong. While it didn't go all the way across, of course, it did give me SS for 2/3 of my grilling surface.

20211222_112037 (2021-12-29T21_42_49.799).png20211222_111923.jpg

Picked up a Weber SS GBS grate for the Spirit 300 on clearance, was pretty sure that it would fit in the Smokefire E6. While I think that the GBS is a bunch of gimmicky BS, I do like the idea of SS grates, and for $16, I really didn't think that I could go wrong. While it didn't go all the way across, of course, it did give me SS for 2/3 of my grilling surface.

View attachment 42549View attachment 42550
I grabbed 1 as well. I wish they had more than the 1 box left. Killer price I couldn’t pass up.

Also picked up a couple of temp probes for the Weber IGrill, they are the same as the Smokefire ones, and they were marked down to $7, rang up as $4.50. :)

EX6 is still $599.50 on the Lowes app (low stock). Amazing. I wish I needed a second one. Guess Lowes is getting out of the Smokefire biz. My local Lowes has no Smokefire or pellets anywhere.

Back