Rotisserie, it’s not just for whole chickens

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
So I love my rotisserie. And I’m always looking for new things to spin. I’ve spun prime rib, lamb, and pork loin.

I had vague memories of my dad spinning almost everything using a basket. So I picked up a flat basket and have used it a couple of times so far.

First up, chicken thighs.
B583D21B-CBCD-4EB9-9AE4-7902C30FE93D.jpeg

Today, I spun Tri Tip.
80167B9B-E24B-41CF-B77F-A4FB37716777.jpeg
I only grabbed one photo when I put it on. We had family over and it got too busy. I’ve cooked a lot tri tip over the years and this was some of the best.

For hectic cookouts, the rotisserie is great because I don’t have to pay as close attention. There’s no forgetting to turn the meat. Plus, there’s the self basting nature of rotisserie.

So what have you spun besides whole chicken?

I did some ribs once, but didn’t like threading them on the spit. I vaguely remember a pineapple idea once upon a time too that wasn’t impressive. I like the Tri tip idea, though. Maybe I’ll get me a basket for my birthday.

I have that same basket and use it for various things like that as well. Love it. And it even works on my Wolf.

J,
Those tri tips look great. I have one in the freezer, I may have to take it for a spin! Next on my list is either a rack of pork or pork tenderloin.

So I love my rotisserie. And I’m always looking for new things to spin. I’ve spun prime rib, lamb, and pork loin.

I had vague memories of my dad spinning almost everything using a basket. So I picked up a flat basket and have used it a couple of times so far.

View attachment 25484

Today, I spun Tri Tip.
View attachment 25485
I only grabbed one photo when I put it on. We had family over and it got too busy. I’ve cooked a lot tri tip over the years and this was some of the best.

For hectic cookouts, the rotisserie is great because I don’t have to pay as close attention. There’s no forgetting to turn the meat. Plus, there’s the self basting nature of rotisserie.

I have a similar Basket from OneGrill.com and still untried. Great Cook!

How do you go about cleaning-it?

Attachments

• cDsZqGlJSMyditsbY9Rf3g.jpg
    cDsZqGlJSMyditsbY9Rf3g.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hmmm....my birthday is coming up.....rotisserie basket?? :) Chicken and cow look really good, JG! When I was a kid, we had a basket like that, but the rotisserie it was attached to was me! :)

R

Will that basket work on 2012 summit? Would like to add a basket to the toy chest. Love doing pine apple on the roto . Did beef ribs from a steven raichlen episode once, was Great.

I’ve cooked chicken leg quarters, al pastor, stuffed pork loin, pork chops, beef roast and pork shoulder on my roti.

Tri tip in a roti basket sounds like a great idea. I’ll have to try it this weekend.

Attachments

• ECAEF18C-C718-41AA-87B1-4B44284BE791.jpeg
    ECAEF18C-C718-41AA-87B1-4B44284BE791.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 33
  • AC03D346-E5B6-4434-86F0-A8BF6D8AA777.jpeg
    AC03D346-E5B6-4434-86F0-A8BF6D8AA777.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 33
  • EB4AD036-5B42-4896-8204-6E3E1A6CAF10.jpeg
    EB4AD036-5B42-4896-8204-6E3E1A6CAF10.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 34

View attachment 25484

Today, I spun Tri Tip.
View attachment 25485

That tri-tip!!!! Did you keep the lid on during the cook? About how long did it take? 45 min to an hour?

Back