Rotisserie, it’s not just for whole chickens

So I love my rotisserie. And I’m always looking for new things to spin. I’ve spun prime rib, lamb, and pork loin.

I had vague memories of my dad spinning almost everything using a basket. So I picked up a flat basket and have used it a couple of times so far.

First up, chicken thighs.
View attachment 25484

Today, I spun Tri Tip.
View attachment 25485
I only grabbed one photo when I put it on. We had family over and it got too busy. I’ve cooked a lot tri tip over the years and this was some of the best.

For hectic cookouts, the rotisserie is great because I don’t have to pay as close attention. There’s no forgetting to turn the meat. Plus, there’s the self basting nature of rotisserie.

So what have you spun besides whole chicken?
J,
Do you think I could do this with a single Tri tip right on the spit? I think I am going to go for it on Sunday. More information on the cook, temps, time. I usually reverse sear a tri tip, but I think I just want to let it go until it hits 130 ish and call it done.

Do you think I could do this with a single Tri tip right on the spit? I think I am going to go for it on Sunday. More information on the cook, temps, time. I usually reverse sear a tri tip, but I think I just want to let it go until it hits 130 ish and call it done.
Obviously I am still waiting to order my spinning machine.......but I do the sirloin tip ( Picana ) which from my perspective is similar to the tri tip. We don't have anything called tri tip in these here parts......I know there has to be but the name is different. Like if I wanted an eye of chuck up here I have to order a blade roast either bone in or out. it's funny that way but anyways if you look back at some of my old posts I pull it at a bout 128 and let it rest for 10 minutes to try and just hit that 130. We like ours pretty rare.

Obviously I am still waiting to order my spinning machine.......but I do the sirloin tip ( Picana ) which from my perspective is similar to the tri tip. We don't have anything called tri tip in these here parts......I know there has to be but the name is different. Like if I wanted an eye of chuck up here I have to order a blade roast either bone in or out. it's funny that way but anyways if you look back at some of my old posts I pull it at a bout 128 and let it rest for 10 minutes to try and just hit that 130. We like ours pretty rare.
Yeah I am going for it on Thursday. Just pulled the meat from the freezer.

OK, silly curve ball for rotisserie work.
Take a 2” porterhouse, ribeye, what have you and put in the flat basket over thermonuclear direct heat and simple roll the basket over at the appropriate time.
Like I say, silly but why not?

OK, silly curve ball for rotisserie work.
Take a 2” porterhouse, ribeye, what have you and put in the flat basket over thermonuclear direct heat and simple roll the basket over at the appropriate time.
Like I say, silly but why not?
I can't remember where I saw it but a guy put two Tri-Tips in a flat basket and spun it so why not!

I have that same basket and use it for various things like that as well. Love it. And it even works on my Wolf.
Doesn't he fight back when you try to put him in the basket?

I just ordered the SS basket from OneGrill, but I doubt it'll be here in time for tomorrow's chicken thighs.

My Doctor weighed me in today and according to his scale I added five(5) lbs to my staunch figure(now 85K on 5'8" frame) since last December. So, now trying to figure-out how to "spin" some lettuce on my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie??:mad:
Im rocking about 922 kilograms on a foot 1 frame.
I don't want to come over if its rotisserie lettuce for dinner ;)

You could do cabbage rolls in the basket maybe? You would need to pack them pretty snugly! I think I’ve just decided I need a basket! Enablers!!!!!

Back