Rotisserie Crispy Skin

NICE LOOKING chicken! Hot rotisserie for the win! I'm excited for tomorrow, I'm planning to hit some latin markets and see if I can find the correct ingredients for Peruvian, but wow does that look like a nice chicken! The lemon zest is totally the key imho.

NICE LOOKING chicken! Hot rotisserie for the win! I'm excited for tomorrow, I'm planning to hit some latin markets and see if I can find the correct ingredients for Peruvian, but wow does that look like a nice chicken! The lemon zest is totally the key imho.
Thanks and looking forward to your report tomorrow. Just an fyi - all the Latin markets here did not have the Pasta de Huacatay | Black Mint, but I was able to find the Huacatay frozen in a bag in one of them. So I just put some of that in the blender with the other ingredients and seems to work ok.

Using the aji Amarillo and huacatay is really worth the effort, until recently I was ordering it from Amazon and had it overnight. I have since found a local source but, still have enough for another couple of birds.

Using the aji Amarillo and huacatay is really worth the effort, until recently I was ordering it from Amazon and had it overnight. I have since found a local source but, still have enough for another couple of birds.

Attachments

• 54B8B8B1-D204-42CE-9709-B83425841303.jpeg
    54B8B8B1-D204-42CE-9709-B83425841303.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 9
I have an old Silver B and the burners run East/West.
Are you using another set of Flavorizer bars set on top of them to support the drip pan?
Haha, no, mine is an old Genesis 2000. The "thousands" (1000, 2000, 3000) had 13 flavorizer bars, eight going north south and five running east west. Your Silver B only has the 5 east west. It is how the Genesis that we all love so well was initially conceived, and I think the best design they did. After that, if you look at the progression, it seems a lot like they wanted to spend less money to make them, while charging more money for us to get them. My choice is the $25 I spent right up front on that 2000 six years ago. Sure I probably put another two threehundred in, but I don't care. All those extra dollars in are just upgrades.

It’s getting on to dinner time and all this talk of spinning chickens makes me mad that I had not gotten one out a few days ago! I was forced to pick up a little piece of salmon for dinner!
which of course has NO bearing on this thread, I’ll go stand in the corner now.

It’s getting on to dinner time and all this talk of spinning chickens makes me mad that I had not gotten one out a few days ago! I was forced to pick up a little piece of salmon for dinner!
which of course has NO bearing on this thread, I’ll go stand in the corner now.
Let’s rock.

Attachments

• 8149DFE1-A88E-4F46-B08F-65A00F9E77C9.jpeg
    8149DFE1-A88E-4F46-B08F-65A00F9E77C9.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 12
Cooking them between 400 and 500 is the best. This one was mostly around 450. About an hour total cook time. Best rated chicken yet! Thanks fellow Tim!

How was the skin?
LOTS of flavor! There is garlic, hot pepper paste and this other Peruvian black mint paste involved, it's a very strong flavor and the skin was delicious! Hot roto, over 400 I'd say is the way to go for crispy skin chicken. Don't be scared, the chicken can take it!

Back