Rosemary-Lemon Pork Chops!!!

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
So last Friday my wife and I went to Costco for a few things and found some really great looking pork loin chops each about and inch and a half thick and very well marbled. Found the recipe on page 96 of "Weber's New American Barbecue".

IMG_6231_zpswa2p8fgm.jpg

Preparing the marinade and the compound butter. Marinaded in the food saver marinade container.
IMG_6230_zpso7fmpir2.jpg

Just off the grill. Sorry for no action pics on the grill but had a lot to do.
IMG_6233_zpswxdxcyoo.jpg

Cooked chops with the compound butter. Used the recipies method of melting the butter with a piece of lump charcoal. If we had had guests, it would have been a great feat of showmanship.
IMG_6234_zpsbdelojd7.jpg

Made the grilled carrots that others here have raved about.
IMG_6232_zpszipwnnim.jpg

Carrots just off the grill.
IMG_6235_zpsf4in2qqj.jpg

Your Plate!!
IMG_6236_zpsc8kmcso6.jpg

These were the pest pork chops I have ever had and my wife who is not a fan of pork chops loved them and said we should make them for a family event. The chops were very tasty and moist. I thought that the pork was slightly overcooked and will modify my method on the next cook. The compound butter on the chops was the icing on the cake.

The carrots were the best carrots I have had in a very long time. Weber recipes are always very good.

The recipe calls for direct heat over lump charcoal and I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I make it I am planning to cook it indirect over the Vortex. Basically I will do a reverse sear. I think that the meat will come out better that way.

This cook is going in the rotation for sure.

The link for this recipe is here.

Isn't that "New American Barbeque" great. Haven't done those chops yet but will be doing them soon, hope ours come out as good as yours look. We've done the homemade pastrami which was excellent. Also the Chicken thighs with Sweet Apricot-Hoisin Glaze which was out standing also and the coleslaw.

It is great Rich. That is the first recipe I have used from that book. I will be making more of the recipes in the near future. I really think that I should have done this recipe indirect with reverse sear. I am becoming more and more a fan of reverse sear. I think that it is easier to get a more tender and moist piece of meat. When you try it, you will love it. My only complaint (not really a complaint since it was wonderful), is that the compound butter makes it very rich. Not something we should do all the time but it was great.

Isn't that "New American Barbeque" great. Haven't done those chops yet but will be doing them soon, hope ours come out as good as yours look. We've done the homemade pastrami which was excellent. Also the Chicken thighs with Sweet Apricot-Hoisin Glaze which was out standing also and the coleslaw.

Pork chops & loin steaks have been getting quite a bit of action on here of late. And those Bob, look solid. Nice.

I agree Bob, you can easily over-cook pork chops if you're not careful, and can be a bit dry. However, I have found that the best way to cook them is on the Vortex, indirect. I try to get the chops up to an IT of 130f, then sear each side for 30 seconds. Foil & rest for 5-10 minutes, and the carry-over lets the meat turn from slighly pink to that perfect creamy colour. 0.02¢

Last edited:
Outstanding plate of food Bob. We plan on doing that recipe tonight, so will let you know how that turns out.

Are you going to do them direct lice the book says or indirect? Definitely want to know how they turn out. Knowing how you and Rich cook, I know they will be great. I would definitely pair them with the carrots. My wife then did pilaf with the meal and some of the compound butter got on the rice and it was a real winner. Enjoy that meal.

Outstanding plate of food Bob. We plan on doing that recipe tonight, so will let you know how that turns out.

Thanks to all for the kind comments. This cook was something that I really wanted to come out well and it did. For my wife who has never liked pork chops to rave about them gave me much pleasure. Whenever I would have pork chops in my youth, it would always be dry and tough and no one really liked them. I have always loved to cook and try new things and this forum has upped my game big time.
Thank-you.

Back