Ribs, what is best

Thanks Dave. that first video was great. In your picture, then I assume the part that is cut out would be the St Louis cut Ribs. The part minus the Flap and sternum???

Thanks Dave. that first video was great. In your picture, then I assume the part that is cut out would be the St Louis cut Ribs. The part minus the Flap and sternum???

You're welcome Bruce. And yes, the remaining rack would be St. Louis cut ribs.

I love food!
Ribs, pork or beef, steaks pork or beef, sausages, pork, beef, chicken, what have you, I want them all! The older I get the simpler I seem to like some of the delights. My fondness for good beef outweighs my wallet parameters but, when I do decide to kick the tires and light the fires, I make myself happy!

Me-thinks you're referring to Spare ribs. St Louis is a trimmed spare that has the rib tips, brisket and flap meat removed.
Sometimes I'll buy St Louis cut spares and the tips, brisket and flap meat is wrapped in the package.
Good stuff and rib tips are a favorite in Chicago. ( if you know how to cook em ):)

Tim

Hi Tim,

I'm a Chicagoan and I've been experimenting with tips lately with good (but not great yet) results. You've implied you have a good method for cooking them so I'd appreciate if you could share it.

Thanks,

Griff

Back