Ribs, Beans, Beer, and salad

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
Hello all - it's been a while so I thought I would post something. Half the time I forget the camera so nothing to show off.

Pretty basic meal - haven't done spares in ages so these were trimmed and seasoned mostly with some sea salt and Kevin K's "Butt Rub for Jane". I used a 3-1.75-0.5 cook method (instead of 3-2-1). Smokewood was a bit of cherry and pecan. Sauce was a blend of our local Smokin' Stampede sweetened up a bit with some banana ketchup. Here they are mostly done:

IMG_0448.JPG

For the beans, I chopped some onion, red bell pepper, and garlic and sauteed that in my bean pot. To that I added a big can of Heinz pork & tomato sauce beans and a can of rinsed black beans. I usually look around for extras leftover so a bit of homemade bbq sauce, rub, and some tomato gravy went in to add some flavour. Also added a chopped chipotle pepper in adobo for some heat. Here it is during the cook:

IMG_0449.JPG

As you all know, BBQ is thirsty work. So to help with that I cracked an IPA.

IMG_0447.JPG

Ribs and beans are done. The length of the ribs gave me some nice crispy ends; and the beans got a nice texture from the addition of the tomato gravy. (It's roux based)

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

Here is the simple plate - lettuce and kale salad on the side to add some greenery.

IMG_0452.JPG

It was a glorious day, and the WSM is such a treat to cook on. Think I will do some chicken next.

Thanks for viewing !

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Looking forward to trying the Hot & Fast Chicken listed on the home page. Never tried that with the WSM.

Back