Ribs and Sausage

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I cooked some ribs and sausage on the Franklin pit recently.

I used some Chud rub and a light dusting of Dirty bird.

BMMSeqpl.jpg

And I used my new Chud chimney.

Got the Franklin fired up with some pecan wood.

Seasoned ribs.

My view.

Sausage after I pulled the ribs off.

Finished ribs.

Sliced

Sausage sliced. This was a jalapeno popper sausage that I made myself.

Thanks for looking!

You're always throwing down really nice cooks. And this one is no exception. That all looks great! And that you got Chud's chimney is bonus points. I enjoy his YT vids. No fluff, just great cooking, recipes and techniques.

How'd you like his rub? Any tasting notes to share?

Last edited:
You're always throwing down really nice cooks. And this one is no exception. That all looks great! And that you got Chud's chimney is bonus points. I enjoy his YT vids. No fluff, just great cooking, recipes and techniques.

How'd you like his rub? Any tasting notes to share?
It's very much on the savory side with a lot of black pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika, but there is a little sugar in there. What I like is the bigger chunks in there that really give the bark a nice appearance. These are a Texas style rib that get most of the sweetness from the sauce. I used Franklin Vinegar bbq sauce on them. I forgot to mention that.

Thats how its done, Dustin's ribs and sausage for the win....Wish I could grab a few of those bones through my computer screen.

It's very much on the savory side with a lot of black pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika, but there is a little sugar in there. What I like is the bigger chunks in there that really give the bark a nice appearance. These are a Texas style rib that get most of the sweetness from the sauce. I used Franklin Vinegar bbq sauce on them. I forgot to mention that.
i really like your color and moistness of those ribs. i'm thinkign the less sugar really helps give hat more golden bark. IIRC, he has turmeric in the rub. that's helping promote that golden finish. i'm going to have to mix up some run like his as Chud's is sold out on line. thank you for your notes. it's very helpful.

Back