Release the Grease

Frank Eriksen

TVWBB Super Fan
How do you guys dump the water pan w/o getting grease or water all over the ground or yourself? Gigantic funnel? What do you dump it into ? Thanks for the help.

I have a small metal trash can I keep ashes from the OTG and WSM in. When I used water, I poured it onto the ashes. They absorbed the liquid and the liquid ensured the coals are out.

I always use tin foil over the pan, when it comes to the grease I pour it down my sewer drain outside of my house or wait for it to cool down and thicken and throw everything away in the trash.

I use a big black garbage bag. Put the water pan completely in the bag then dump everything (water and grease). Then i tie it up and put in the garbage can with everything else. No mess

I just throw in the wooded area of my lot. I have five acres of forest conservation land, and I've never heard the trees complain! :)

How do you guys dump the water pan w/o getting grease or water all over the ground or yourself? Gigantic funnel? What do you dump it into ? Thanks for the help.

If you play it right, there shouldn't be any water leftover, just some grease.
Scoop that into an empty coffee can and store that in the freezer, when full toss it in the trash.

Tim

I used to have the "El Cheapo Brinkman" and one year at deer camp, I dump the waterbowl a couple hundred yards away from camp, I didn't want flys. A 4X4 buck came to that spot for 3 nights and I thought "I'm gonna get that guy on opening day." But that ol' buck knew what day it was, and was nowhere to be found, opening day

Most of the time I catch the drippings in a pan on the lower grate (I tend to only use the top grate). When that's not an option I pour into a food storage container. I put on a lid on and let the grease solidify. Later I scoop that out and dump the water in the woods. If I need a few extra days before I can mess with it I can put the container in the fridge after the water has cooled.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001MRUUU/tvwb-20

Back