Really bad photos and a really good cook.................

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
I’m a bad cook so I rely on recipes from others and Weber’s are great. This one is Spice Rubbed Strip Steaks from their Ipad/Ipod app. Basically it’s a rub and a sauce. I took a few liberties with the sauce and added some Penzeys Berbere.

Buddy obviously doesn’t want to be outside. Hell, it’s 93. He would not go inside though until the last plate was brought in. I’m really lucky to have such a devoted grilling buddy.
004-L.jpg

White asparagus, (they had no thick green ones). Done! I know, it looks like chicken but it's steak. I suppose even the camera was hot. :)
007-L.jpg

Plated! Nancy did the crash hots inside along with a salad and bread. This is simple, good and we’ll have it again.
009-L.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE Weber recipes as well Rolf. I've never been led astray when using one -- even substituting an ingredient or three. Buddy sure looks content helping you work your magic.

For someone who says they are bad your food looks great. Have you picked up the new real grilling cookbook yet? I love it.

This weather is crazy!
Goldens! have to love em!
That chicken steak looks pretty good, what's rolled up on the left?

That looks great Rolf...nothing wrong with that plate...you can keep that 93 degrees...man our 70's are killing me !

Nicely done!

For a self proclaimed 'bad' cook, I'm not seein' it! If I could pull up a seat and grab a Yuenglings, I surely would. Look great, Rolf.

Looks great and I'm extremely jealous of your bottle of Yuengling. Really wish we could get that in Toronto.

Back