Ready for some Baseball

I enjoyed watching the cheaters get eliminated last night. IMHO, they should have been barred from postseason play for at least a year anyway.

They should probably make old Benny Hill clips off-limits, too.;)

It's going to be interesting to hear how the players feel about the Series once it's over. While there are no true home games there's also no travel and therefore no time zone changes - a big deal this year since there's a 3-hour difference between LA and Tampa. In a full season with spring training, 162 games and the postseason that can make a difference at the end of the year.

Brett's World! Brett's World! Party time! Excellent!

He's got a cannon of an arm, though. Try to run on him and he'll have the last laugh:

And kudos to sportswriter Jeff Passan for having the courage to do what the rest of us have only thought about:

Last edited:
IMO Arozarena didn't get enough playing time with the Cards to see his true potential.
Ozuna seems to have found his bat with the Braves.

Haven't watched any games once my team lost out, only had teams to root against, like the Yankees, Braves, Astros, and Dodgers. Hope the Rays take it all.

During one of the playoff broadcasts either Ken Rosenthal or Tom Verducci provided a little background on Arozarena, saying that the Cardinals viewed him, Harrison Bader and Tyler O'Neill as pretty much identical. Hopefully he turns out to be the best of the 3 and the Cards regret trading him for years to come.;)

Brett's World! Brett's World! Party time! Excellent!

He's got a cannon of an arm, though. Try to run on him and he'll have the last laugh:

And kudos to sportswriter Jeff Passan for having the courage to do what the rest of us have only thought about:

OK, you just made my day with those laughing videos. Hysterical!

Turner is an idiot.
Hope no one dies from his stupidity.
Absolutely unbelievable, especially considering what the 2020 season was like. I caught the tail end of a show on ESPN Radio (I think) this afternoon and one of the hosts suggested that Turner be suspended for the entire 2021 season.

What complicates things, though, is that the rest of the team apparently wanted him on the field for the celebration.

Last edited:
The fact that he was ever in the stadium in the first place is beyond my comprehension. I would expect near daily testing of these guys - particularly before they get into a team bus or in the stadium or locker room. It seems to me that MLB got through this season on dumb luck.

I'd heard the rumors but wasn't really taking them seriously:

I wonder how the players are going to feel about 4pm pregame dinners at Sizzler...

I don't care how Rick Hahn spins it, but I don't believe he had a choice.
Sox-side nation is not happy..

Scrolling around Netflix the other day I ran across Moneyball.
I knew what it was about, and that it had good reviews when it came out, but had never seen it. Pretty good, I'll give it a solid 3.5 stars.
I don't care much for sports flicks, Slap Shot did get watched a couple of times though.

Speaking (writing?) of power hitters, earlier tonight I came across this story about Dick Allen. Because of him and Wilbur Wood I became a White Sox fan in the early '70s and I still remember him fondly for what he did as a player, but he was a complex and often controversial person (to put it mildly). It's a LONG read but pretty interesting:

https://www.cooperstowncred.com/elect-dick-allen-hall-of-fame/
Sadly, he passed away, just heard the news.:(

Back