Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

my 75 gallon reef was one thing in sight during the quake we had in UT last March.

I had a 60 gallon salt water tank topple over during the '94 earthquake. It was several hours until there was light enough to find the fish, scattered around the room. Miraculously, my green Wrass survived. I put him in a bucket of saltwater but he died the next day.

A new pitch on charcoal. :cool:

117648164_1562860597235623_3481190273987585662_n.jpg

Did anyone within 100 ~ 200 miles of Sparta, NC feel the 5.1 earthquake this morning?

:oops:
I'm in Winston Salem, about 60 miles from Sparta. Definitely felt it. Not much but the house shook around 15 seconds at the most. No damage here, nothing falling from the shelves. We felt the one in 2011 that was located near DC. I felt that one more, but I was also on the 9th floor of an office building.

I'm in Winston Salem, about 60 miles from Sparta. Definitely felt it. Not much but the house shook around 15 seconds at the most. No damage here, nothing falling from the shelves. We felt the one in 2011 that was located near DC. I felt that one more, but I was also on the 9th floor of an office building.

I was sleeping at the time, but my wife said the Mr. Peanut jar on top of the fridge was shaking pretty good.

I was sleeping at the time, but my wife said the Mr. Peanut jar on top of the fridge was shaking pretty good.
Funny thing. The house started to shake. My wife thought it was the cat carrying on upstairs. "What is that cat up to now?" To which I replied "That's not the cat."

Next time that you're petting your dog, scratch them right between their eyes.
At first, they'll go, "What the....".
But after a bit, they'll love it!
My bind and deaf doxie LOVES it when I do it to him!
And my mom's dog, who doesn't like ANYONE, really likes it when I do it to him!

Funny thing. The house started to shake. My wife thought it was the cat carrying on upstairs. "What is that cat up to now?" To which I replied "That's not the cat."

I just noticed a 110 outlet on the enclosed front porch has been pulled inside the wall. The thing looked as if someone struck it with a hammer, because the outlet cover had snapped into. I am beginning to wonder if a beam of some sort may have shifted out of place (during the quake), pulling the 110 wiring with it.

I'll have to check into this.

That's crazy! Those people don't seem to be afraid at all! Can anyone here translate what is spoken?

On a similar note, for anyone that's watched the tiger King, the TV show 48 hours is doing a story about the missing husband of Carole Baskin. That's tonight (09-09) on CBS.

Last edited:

Back