Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

And that's why people get hurt, not watching the game. Does any one do programs anymore?

Tim

Why do people spend big bucks on baseball tickets and make all the effort to go to the ballpark and then spend the whole game talking their heads off and not watching the game?

So I'm at an Oakland A's game yesterday when I posted this, a rare weekday 12:35pm game. I'm sitting in a good seat, in the lowest level of the stadium, 30 rows back, in Section 118 just to the left of dead-center behind home plate.

During play, a couple stands up a few rows ahead of me, turns their backs to the field, and takes a selfie. Oh, it didn't turn out, let's take another.

WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL BETWEEN INNINGS?

During a pivotal moment in the game, people walk down the aisle, stop at a certain row, and just stand there talking.

HEY, YOU'RE BLOCKING OUR VIEW OF THE GAME!

If only people would show SOME AWARENESS AND CONSIDERATION of others during play.

OK, putting away my soapbox...

I hope you guys don't get upset at people with cotton candy too!

39992247_10212729062163337_8694921850620215296_o.jpg

(((was just watching Super Troopers & saw this thread :) )))

One thing I will say about Wrigley field is sometimes it is VERY hard to watch the game because there really is A LOT of eye candy there

One thing I will say about Wrigley field is sometimes it is VERY hard to watch the game because there really is A LOT of eye candy there

It's kind of like going to a Nascar race. The racing is cool, but the people watching is AWESOME!!!!! :p

I suppose the beach is kind of the same way. As a kid I used to enjoy playing in the tide and trying to catch waves. Now I have no desire to go at all, but the family likes to go. So on the upside, at least some of the scenery is nice.

Expanding on the last post, most of my enjoyment now when at the beach comes from the kids excitement when they find some kind of seashell. It's usually busted up and I know way a whole shell, but they're so happy when they see one and get to take it home. I guess the beach is on my mind because the other half is pushing for another trip.

I'm wondering when the fad of putting a fried or poached egg on top of everything will end. It's not appealing to me at all.

egg-burger.jpg

I like an over easy egg on my breakfast sandwich, but it can be a mess while diving, so I ask for the scrambled if I can.

I like an over easy egg on my breakfast sandwich, but it can be a mess while diving, so I ask for the scrambled if I can.
That's why they make bibs Phil. :)
Eggs for breakfast, or brinner (breakfast for dinner) are great, but don't put one on my burger or etc.

Anyone remember the DC-10 plane crash at O'Hare International Airport in 1979? (The engine fell off on take off.)

Kind of an odd post, but I was just thinking about that recently because it wasn't the only national news of the day. Five firemen lost their lives in Shelby, NC after a fiery building collapsed upon them the very same day of the plane crash.

I was traveling down Interstate 26 at midnight when I heard both stories on national radio. It was a shocker for sure because I lived in the Shelby area at the time.

Last edited:

Back