Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

A good night’s sleep gets harder as we age, but that doesn’t mean we’re doomed to being sleep-deprived zombies after 40.

Typically starting in midlife, we wake up more often, have trouble falling back to sleep, and rise for the day too early. About 55% of Americans ages 40 to 49 and about 58% of those ages 50 to 64 have “low general sleep health,” which includes not sleeping the recommended seven to nine hours a night, not feeling well-rested and having trouble falling or staying asleep, according to 2023 survey data from the National Sleep Foundation, a nonprofit group.

A good night’s sleep gets harder as we age, but that doesn’t mean we’re doomed to being sleep-deprived zombies after 40.

Typically starting in midlife, we wake up more often, have trouble falling back to sleep, and rise for the day too early. About 55% of Americans ages 40 to 49 and about 58% of those ages 50 to 64 have “low general sleep health,” which includes not sleeping the recommended seven to nine hours a night, not feeling well-rested and having trouble falling or staying asleep, according to 2023 survey data from the National Sleep Foundation, a nonprofit group.

If I slept the whole night through I would wake up in a flooded bed LOL. Diuretics will do that to you :D

If I slept the whole night through I would wake up in a flooded bed LOL. Diuretics will do that to you :D
Yes that is mentioned in the article.

I am fortunate to be a sound sleeper, as is my wife.

But I know many people who have trouble sleeping and it’s not something I would want to have to deal with.

With my upcoming retirement from the battery business this Friday, I've been turning in all of my company stuff
Last Friday, I gave the boss my company credit card
Yesterday and today, I turned in all of my uniforms except for the pants. I'll wear jeans on Friday and they can have those
I turned in my iPad today and tomorrow, the work truck
Friday, they'll get the building key, phone and laptop
I'm pretty sure that's everything!

With my upcoming retirement from the battery business this Friday, I've been turning in all of my company stuff
Last Friday, I gave the boss my company credit card
Yesterday and today, I turned in all of my uniforms except for the pants. I'll wear jeans on Friday and they can have those
I turned in my iPad today and tomorrow, the work truck
Friday, they'll get the building key, phone and laptop
I'm pretty sure that's everything!
Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the fold

Rubio was supposed to return to Earth in March, but a micrometeorite poked a hole in his Russian-made return ship, making it unsafe to travel in, according to NASA. He was forced to stay on the International Space Station an extra six months, which he called an emotional roller coaster, until a backup vessel could whisk him back to land.

So, today was my last full day as a battery dude. I've spent almost half of my life slinging batteries, and my body just can't take it anymore!
There was this in our break area this morning and I thought that it was a nice touch!
1695945878416.png
Surprise, surprise, they got me a card and cake to go with it! They even invited Pammi Sue!
1695945950646.png
As a going away present, my regional manager, who used to be my branch manager, got me a very nice jump box! It will come in very handy on our future travels!
1695946032486.png
I'm hoping that I'll never need it, but it'll be nice to know that it's there if we need it!
Tomorrow, I'm going in to say my final goodbyes, turn in the rest of my uniforms and my cell phone.
It's gonna be super nice only have ONE to keep up with from now on!

So, today was my last full day as a battery dude. I've spent almost half of my life slinging batteries, and my body just can't take it anymore!
There was this in our break area this morning and I thought that it was a nice touch!
View attachment 79857
Surprise, surprise, they got me a card and cake to go with it! They even invited Pammi Sue!
View attachment 79858
As a going away present, my regional manager, who used to be my branch manager, got me a very nice jump box! It will come in very handy on our future travels!
View attachment 79860
I'm hoping that I'll never need it, but it'll be nice to know that it's there if we need it!
Tomorrow, I'm going in to say my final goodbyes, turn in the rest of my uniforms and my cell phone.
Congrats!

View attachment 79857
View attachment 79858
View attachment 79860
I find it both funny and ironic that they gave you a jumper battery!

Back