Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

I am changing my eating habits drastically over the winter months.........starting in 6 days from now.
I have done this before with great success.......
Whole 30
This is a keto based diet that was written up by some doctor couple I believe....I have the books...and it works wonderfully...........................................ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT OF COURSE.
Also been reading up on the carnivore diet.....don't know a lot yet but I think it is based on larger amounts of protein, using lean meats as well, including eggs and meat from the water like fish and shell fish.......no plants, no fruit, no nothing else.
Might not go that way but the idea of protein keeping you full for longer is interesting......and I get to eat more bbq.........

Getting interested in using a combination of both to my advantage if possible......the way eating keto affects your body is amazing.....also eating more protein sounds good and if I can stay full for longer then I assume it would help with fasting states as well.....yes fasting....which has amazing benefits itself once you get used to feeling hungry.....that is also not an easy thing to overcome.

There are a lot of things I said that don't sound great, like not eating for a day or two and not getting to eat things like bread, pizza or any sugary substance.....but it will pay off. Sugar is one of the most addictive things.....you wouldn't realize it until you completely stop eating it....I would say harder to beat than tobacco maybe?????? It can be done and if you follow through with it 100% the benefits are amazing.......takes a couple weeks to see any benefits at all for sure...........so it is hard to keep at it for a long period.

Let's just say sipping pure maple syrup from the fridge door is an okay thing in my books.......when times get really tough.

First round of Whole 30 for me was a few years back........so I am indeed older now.....:cautious:.....I lost 22 pounds in my first month.....my diet strayed a bit on the first attempt after the 30 days but I was honest with myself and the diet and did it right for the first 30 days. Hopefully being older doesn't slow the weight loss too much now.
I wouldn't say I'm drastically overweight.....6 foot tall and currently weighing in at just a touch over 200lbs.
I do want to loose about 15 pounds, but more importantly feel the way I did when I first did this diet. Let's just say I got comfy on the COVID diet which was stay at home and cook and eat everything and have some cocktails while bbq'ing too......it's comfortable for sure but I did indeed add about 15 to 20 pounds over the last 3 years.

It is really hard to explain how good I felt after changing my body to burn fat differently and not add toxins to it......what I do know is the first " junk food " I went out to eat when I decided it was time to have a treat for being so good for a month was simply french fries. I won't go into detail but the pain inside my body shortly after eating was something I haven't felt before.....it was horrible. This is why I know it's basically garbage food.......we rarely eat fried food now for the last few years because of this. Spend time investigating the " Western diet ".....the things the industry is allowed to add to our food is something to be desired.

The simplest thing anyone can do is avoid eating seed oils..........these are processed so hard and then we heat it really hot again and cook our food in it......it is terrible stuff. Animal fats....or solid fats you could kind of say.......are a ton more healthy for us as people. We need some in our diet but how much is the question.

Thanks for letting me rant without the need to reply......by no means am I trained in this subject but just have been reading and using some of it for the past few years. I could answer some questions but probably not a lot.

<scratches head> Dunno 'bout that. That might cover gas. I'd still need to be covering oil changes, tires (buying a new set for the truck next week... OUCH....,) cleanup time, as well as more fixed costs like insurance. All of a sudden, the IRS deductions of around $0.50/mile don't look like all that much.

Observationally, Uber, Lyft & the like never ever intended for their drivers to be able to make a living, but to just give someone a lift on a trip that you're already making (defrays the cost.) Somewhere between a disengenuous and dishonest business model.
There’s a reason I’m using Pammi’s Escape instead of my F150
And I’m not doing this so much for the money as to get out of Pammi’s hair for a bit!

OMG! A Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman just knocked on our door and wanted to give us a demonstration!
The units are much smaller than they used to be, as he was able to carry it with one hand!
He was really disappointed that I wouldn’t let him in to use it!

OMG! A Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman just knocked on our door and wanted to give us a demonstration!
The units are much smaller than they used to be, as he was able to carry it with one hand!
He was really disappointed that I wouldn’t let him in to use it!
Here’s a screenshot from the Kirby website
I can think of a TON of stuff that I’d rather spend that much money on!IMG_3619.png

Yeah hard to justify that especially when you can find perfectly good ones all over the place for well under $100. Hell I got mine for $10 with all kinds of accessories.

Fast-casual chain Sweetgreen in May opened its first restaurant staffed by a proprietary robot that shoots kale, cheese and other ingredients down tubes into bowls traveling on a conveyor belt. A handful of employees add finishing touches, such as spiced cashews.

The system can slash the number of workers and time it takes Sweetgreen to make a bowl by more than half, executives said. Eventually, the company intends for salad-making robots to staff all of its new restaurants, working alongside human employees.

Fast-casual chain Sweetgreen in May opened its first restaurant staffed by a proprietary robot that shoots kale, cheese and other ingredients down tubes into bowls traveling on a conveyor belt. A handful of employees add finishing touches, such as spiced cashews.

The system can slash the number of workers and time it takes Sweetgreen to make a bowl by more than half, executives said. Eventually, the company intends for salad-making robots to staff all of its new restaurants, working alongside human employees.
Good Lord. We're doomed. Who knew the AI takeover would involve salads? 🤣

“I believe the need to work in society will disappear in 25 years for those countries that adapt these technologies,” he said. “I do think there’s room for universal basic income assuring a minimum standard and people will be able to work on the things they want to work on.”

Experts say the U.S. is at a turning point similar to when factories disappeared from city centers during the 20th century’s workplace transformation and left steel-and-glass office towers as the primary economic engines.

Back