Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Was just on another forum and saw a member proclaiming how wonderful a Chicago Hot dog was because he just had his first at Sonic. Yukko. Been there tried that. It was disgusting.
Reminds me of what I tell people who tell that they’re going to Maine and want to try a lobstah roll
i tell them that just because they CAN get one at McDs doesn’t mean that they SHOULD get one there!

Ouch!

He was a bit before my (viewing) time, but he was a heck of a player. I do remember Mike Ditka playing for the Cowboys.
Remember seeing him pay at Wrigley Field. Yes for those that don't know before the reconfigured Mars Spaceship they played at Wrigley

Heck of high school band (mostly girls). It's worthy of its own thread. They led the 2018 Rose Parade for what it's worth...

Ouch!

He was a bit before my (viewing) time, but he was a heck of a player. I do remember Mike Ditka playing for the Cowboys.
One passage from that article stood out:

Butkus was the paragon of what NFL teams prized at the time. He was renowned for the sheer violence of his game, using his 6-foot-3 and 245-pound frame to pulverize anyone holding a football. For decades, middle linebackers aspired to play the game like Butkus and crush the bones of anyone in their path.

Today, that style of play is increasingly part of a bygone era as the NFL increasingly makes the safety of the game a priority amid rising concerns about concussions
and other injuries.

Reminds me of what I tell people who tell that they’re going to Maine and want to try a lobstah roll
i tell them that just because they CAN get one at McDs doesn’t mean that they SHOULD get one there!
15 years ago, I spent probably close to a month in Maine's southeastern corner. When I'm travelling, I do try to avoid the chains if at all possible. I did stop at the Maine Diner and did enjoy dinner. Too many good local joints to eat at.

15 years ago, I spent probably close to a month in Maine's southeastern corner. When I'm travelling, I do try to avoid the chains if at all possible. I did stop at the Maine Diner and did enjoy dinner. Too many good local joints to eat at.
When we visit, there's one local chain that we'll eat at
Amato's is a chain of convenience stores with a damn fine kitchen in them!
Their Italian sub is as good as the mom 'n' pop stores/restaurants

I highly doubt any athletes of his generation used “performance enhancing drugs”.

I wonder how many athletes today could make the same claim.
Looks like steroids and other PEDs possibly found their way into the NFL 60 years ago:

Not too bad on my first day of Ubering
I went out this morning for 3 1/2 hours and made $80!
PLUS, the last guy gave me a $10 cash tip! I took him to Spartanburg, about an hour away. That was half of today's take
#NotTooShabby
<scratches head> Dunno 'bout that. That might cover gas. I'd still need to be covering oil changes, tires (buying a new set for the truck next week... OUCH....,) cleanup time, as well as more fixed costs like insurance. All of a sudden, the IRS deductions of around $0.50/mile don't look like all that much.

Observationally, Uber, Lyft & the like never ever intended for their drivers to be able to make a living, but to just give someone a lift on a trip that you're already making (defrays the cost.) Somewhere between a disengenuous and dishonest business model.

Back