Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Well, I did it. After 28 years in the battery business, I put in my retirement papers!
September 29 will be my last day as a battery man
I‘ll miss my coworkers and some of my customers
They‘ve had me working in the warehouse since mid June, and my body just can’t take it anymore!
Pammi and I are looking forward to the next chapter in our lives!

<shrug> I sort of learned how to open sewn bag seams like that when I was a kid, from opening animal feed supplement bags while grinding steer feed with Dad. Still don't have it completely down, and there's definitely a right way and a wrong way. Every seam has what I think of as a "clean" side with even straight stitching, and a "rough" side. I start with the clean side at my right hand, and with the end farthest away from me. From the rough side, start separating the 2 threads, and start gently pulling from the clean side. If I haven't gotten the threads seperated right, sometimes I'll have to pull the clean thread through to the rough side, and unloop it from the rough side thread.

<shrug> I sort of learned how to open sewn bag seams like that when I was a kid, from opening animal feed supplement bags while grinding steer feed with Dad. Still don't have it completely down, and there's definitely a right way and a wrong way. Every seam has what I think of as a "clean" side with even straight stitching, and a "rough" side. I start with the clean side at my right hand, and with the end farthest away from me. From the rough side, start separating the 2 threads, and start gently pulling from the clean side. If I haven't gotten the threads seperated right, sometimes I'll have to pull the clean thread through to the rough side, and unloop it from the rough side thread.
In my family, I am the one who “untangles”

Jewelry chains, kite strings, charging cables, etc.

But those sewn up paper bags…I just don’t have the patience.

An award-winning Harvard Business School professor and researcher spent years exploring the reasons people lie and cheat. A trio of behavioral scientists examining a handful of her academic papers concluded her own findings were drawn from falsified data.

It was a routine takedown for the three scientists—Joe Simmons, Leif Nelson and Uri Simonsohn—who have gained academic renown for debunking published studies built on faulty or fraudulent data. They use tips, number crunching and gut instincts to uncover deception. Over the past decade, they have come to their own finding: Numbers don’t lie but people do.

Back