Rack O’ Pork! 4th Sunday in Advent!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The weekly feast was pretty darned good, the last pictures skme of you folks have posted were making me feel rather “Grinch”like so.
here is a little precursor for the “real“ Roast Beast yet to come!
FF1687F1-7FC9-43C9-A33E-11D3B726696D.jpeg
Beets,
4E224C42-4954-4A06-A6CA-6E9D6F46D895.jpeg
4EC294C3-0F7F-4A6E-8626-CF3DC54183D6.jpeg
590EBF97-B9E8-4EFC-8ACF-C7876A3D30BE.jpegGlaze was Mae Ploy sauce with soy sauce and a small spoon of 5 spices. Next time, less soy, it was just a touch salty.
All in all, it was pretty good!
Method was straight indirect, one piece of Fruitawood bourbon merlot barrel stave in the bottom of each basket. Full chimney, fully involved. Ambient temp around 40 F. Roughly 90 minutes.
Now, after cleaning up, I’m pretty much beat. Much running about picking up “last minute” Christmas touches as well as end of year glasses purchases to get thing s on this years insurance stuff.
Im ready for a nightcap and the comfort of bed!
I might need to pick up a second one of these for Epiphany!

Oh, man, that's one of my favorite meals! Love the crust you got on the roast, and you cut "slices" like I do! :) Beet salad? The spinach look delish!

R

Rich, the beets were roasted alongside the pork, about an hour.
My grandchildren have always liked vegetables and Brussels sprouts have been favorites since they were very young like 4 (?)!!
Creamed spinach entered the rotation a few months ago just because I had the stuff on hand and felt like it needed to be used. That has become a surprise hit.
Thanks guys.

Everything looks great! I love beets done any way! We always have pork for New Year’s Day. I might have to do a roast like that even though we’re having beef rib roast for Christmas

It’s such a pretty presentation and ridiculously easy!
A standing roast of beef and a rack of pork are so different I would not give any pause about doing the big beef for Christmas and the rack of pork for New Year’s Day (or Eve). We will have a ham for NYD this year. After the big beef for Christmas, the ham will be very low stress. Trying a recipe from the Costco flyer in the crockpot this run.

I'm cooking one I bought pre-seasoned from Costco with simple SPG rub. Is there any advantage to spinning it on the rotisserie, or should I just throw it on the grates?

I did mine straight on the grate, I’ve done them both ways. Rotisserie method is fun, a little more to clean up but, either way is pretty foolproof.
I might skip the extra seasoning, a lot of those “pre seasoned” things are mighty salty, just my opinion.
Merry Christmas!

Really nice looking cook Tim especially for a weekly one! Double Rib roasts for Christmas?!?!?! Wow I thought I was busy with one. LOL

Really nice looking cook Tim especially for a weekly one! Double Rib roasts for Christmas?!?!?! Wow I thought I was busy with one. LOL
Thanks Jim, two rib roasts, not quite “double” one is two ribs, the other is three. Just heard one of the serious beef eaters is delayed in South Carolina.
There is an “UP“ side… CAB rib roasts are $7.99/lb. through tomorrow evening! I’ll stockpile one for my birthday (or sooner)!
one more stop for tomorrow, no big deal, in and out for that. The two bakeries? Probably some wait time, again, not concerned.
I have everything else dealt with for once!
I will try to remember to shoot some pix!

Thanks Jim, two rib roasts, not quite “double” one is two ribs, the other is three. Just heard one of the serious beef eaters is delayed in South Carolina.
There is an “UP“ side… CAB rib roasts are $7.99/lb. through tomorrow evening! I’ll stockpile one for my birthday (or sooner)!
one more stop for tomorrow, no big deal, in and out for that. The two bakeries? Probably some wait time, again, not concerned.
I have everything else dealt with for once!
I will try to remember to shoot some pix!
Jewel has them on sale so im grabbing a few myself. Just tested positive so im in the basement I hope the wife lets me out to grill on christmas!!!

Back