Quick New York Steak Post

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
OK, one last quick post before I get down to work. We have the fire season from hell coming this year and have to clear the property again. Picked these up at Costco a couple of days ago. Did some Russets tonight and a squash concoction I worked up. Here's the pic's.

New Yorks, just under a pound each, little over an inch thick.

Seasoned. Sea Salt and Pepper

Bakers rubbed down with butter and S & P.

Zucchini, Yellow, onion and garlic.

Bakers on for an hour.

Squash on for about 15 minutes.

Rendering down.

When potatoes and veggies just about done, threw on the steaks, about 3 minutes a side.

Done.

Continued...

Last edited:
Great looking plate Cliff! Our charcoal season is just about over here and some rumors of no outdoor cooking at all. Like your area we are in for a real bad fire season. Just hope the monsoon season gets here early, but I doubt it.
Stay safe my friend.

Cliff, those steaks are awesome and done just right. Love the sides and the last pic tells the story perfectly! Good luck with the fire season Cliff.

Cliff, this one right here is wallpaper material for my macbook!! Looks great!

DSC_3063_zpsimmulizb.jpg

Great job grilling your steaks Cliff. They look amazing! Bakers too. It is hard for me to imagine living in an area
where the fire season would prevent me from grilling.

It doesn't stop me Bob. Just have to take about six weeks in the spring to do my clearing. When I'm done everything is pretty bald around the property as far as grass goes.

Great looking steaks Cliff. I hope we all get some rain this spring or it's going to be one of those really bad fire years.

Back