Pulled Pork Tacos

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
A week or so ago I did an 8 pound pork butt and pulled it. Did the obligatory pulled pork sandwich dinner, now I’m looking for something new to do with it. I decided to try it in some tacos.
I’ve already used Tony and Maribel’s rice and refried bean recipes in other dishes so those would be great sides. If you haven’t tried them you should, simple but excellent.
I decided to wing it on the tacos and just play around with some ideas instead of copying a recipe.
Even though it was all done inside on the stove at least the pulled pork was created in the mini.
Here’s how it went.

Getting the ducks lined up for the tacos I used Spice Hunters Mexican seasoning and their Fajita seasoning also along with some Mexican Oregano. Included were a can of salt free stewed tomatoes and a can of diced green chilies a cup of diced onion. Cooked the onion until opaque, then added all the other ingredients and brought to a boil and then turned down to a simmer to let it reduced to a thicker consistency
tacos001_zps364427ed.jpg

tacos011_zps3313eeed.jpg

Added about 2 cups of PP and let everyone get to know each other.
tacos013_zps4523d0ae.jpg

Rice and beans doing their thing, I have to say cooking rice at 5500 feet can be a hit or miss proposition, this time I won.
tacos017_zpscd7b2557.jpg

tacos021_zpsff9c90d7.jpg

Taco mix done
tacos019_zps5110d74a.jpg

Some of Barbs homemade guacamole, some 4 blend Mexican chess and some lettuce. Time to find out. Barb loved it and I did too, I was afraid the spices from the PP would conflict with the Mexican spices but that wasn’t the case at all they tasted great!
tacos024_zps626b6aaa.jpg

Thanks to Tony and Maribel for sharing their bean and rice recipe they have become a staple here.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to take a look see.

Rich & Barb

Thanks for the kind words guys. I know the presentation wasn’t that great but the taste was which is the important part. Will be working on the other too.

Pulled pork is also great for Nachos, my wife makes the Nachos with the pork I smoke and it is really good. I'd supply pictures but they don't last long enough to get a picture of. Your Tacos along with the side dishes look great! And you plated them very nicely, looks like a favorite dish of mine that I get at our local Mexican Restaurant.

Very nice, I also like to change it up and do pulled pork tacos with leftovers, although my tacos aren't nearly as elaborate as yours. Love it when the pulled pork hits the hot pan and that smoke smell starts filling up the house!

Back