Pulled Pork on my Mini WSM

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
Hey Gang - We've all see this a couple of times before, so I'll try to keep the chatter down. Certainly, if anyone has any ???, I'll do my best for a timely response. Started out at 9#, bone in

trimmed to 8# and rubbed w/ Bone Dust

Started at O'dark thirty, Minion, with four chunk of apple. Seven hours later, IT of 180*

the ex-fat cap was up and I had a little pool of bubbles on top...

and two hours after that, IT 196*, getting ready for the cooler rest. My mini ran rock steady at 240* - 250* once she settled down. The glass of patience is from a local brewery: Deluxe Brewing; Festbier! Good stuff.

the 'meatscape' after the bone was removed

all pulled up. Not as juicy as previous times...

and sam'wiched

I didn't even check to see how much sauce I had... answer: not much. I'll be getting more today, not to worry. Blue Cheese slaw. M-m-m M-m-m good.

I have a question: do you guys flip your shoulder mid cook? I didn't this time and I don't remember from previous smokes.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya next time.

That sandwich looks amazing! I've only cooked 2 or 3 shoulders but I've never flipped them. Hopefully someone else with more experience will answer that. Great cook thanks for the pictures

Looking great! That slaw looks great, never tried blue cheese on it but I will be soon, thanks for the idea!

I never flip, trimmed fat cap up.

Last edited:
Looks perfect to me Brian!! Great looking cook. Love the color and the sandwich looks fabulous.

Last edited:
Pulled pork looks spot on Brian. Sammie looks guud! Fat cap up the last one we did. Scored, but didn't cut a lot of the fat.

Back