Prime Sirloin

Matt Rector

TVWBB Pro
Safeway had a smoking sale on Prime Sirloin. About 1.7 lb apiece apiece.
Just some sea salt and pepper, keeping it simple.

IMG_0156[1].JPG
Bringing it up to temp.

IMG_0161[1].JPG
I never noticed the crooked sear grate until I posted these pictures.

IMG_0157[1].JPG

IMG_0166[1].JPG

IMG_0168[1].JPG
Pulled at 130

IMG_0180[1].JPG

IMG_0183[1].JPG

Turned out fantastic, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0161[1].JPG
    IMG_0161[1].JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 7
My dad used to get big Sirloins and slice them as a family dinner thing, yours look much nicer! Great vista to inspire reasons to sit and watch the world grow!

To console myself, I had one bite of the best coconut macaroon I think I have ever tasted! Sorry, it’s gone, no picture.now, I think I shall drown my sorrows with a perfect Manhattan!

Looks really good Matt. Barb works at Safeway so she is going to check it out today.
Safeway here in the Portland area has $5 Friday sales, last Friday was Prime Sirloin $5 lb, next Friday it's Tri-Tip $5 lb. Every now and then they have $5 lb short ribs. I always grab a ton of those.

Safeway here in the Portland area has $5 Friday sales, last Friday was Prime Sirloin $5 lb, next Friday it's Tri-Tip $5 lb. Every now and then they have $5 lb short ribs. I always grab a ton of those.
Barbs Safeway has $5 Fridays also. I've never seen $5 short ribs though or Prime sirloin. TTs I have seen on $5 Fridays. I'm sure it varies by region.
This Friday it's boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Vortex, going to use it next time.
I love love love the vortex, upside down full of lump charcoal makes the best searing area ever!!!! Then turn it rightside up for all bone in chicken. I love my new rotisserie and my diffuser plate system, but if you told me I could only have one add on tool forthe Kettle it would be the vortex hands down!!!!

I have the vortex but only used it 2 times.
Since then I immediately go to small baskets on either side ripping hot and line wings ot drums or whatever up the middle.
Crispy for me and a lot less hassle with he foil and all that.
Although I should give it another go with seriously lining the grate in the foil to make sure all the air travels through the vortex.
This I haven't tried with that thought in mind.

Back