Prime Rib Stakes on Charcoal

Ivson Passos Jr

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you the wonderful experience that I had grilling two very nice Prime Rib stakes on my OTG.
I seasoned them with EVOO, rock salt and black pepper 30 minutes before cooking. I used a mixture of briquettes and lump for fuel. Cooked them for 4 minutes on direct heat on each side and then moved them to indirect for another 5-6 minutes. Took them off the grill at an internal temperature of ~ 130F. Let them rest for 5 minutes and voila. Best Prime Rib stakes I have ever cooked and probably eaten. I couldn't be happier. They turned out medium-rare, juicy, tender and looking very good. I made a video of some key moments, it is mouth watering! It's a 2 min video and I made a couple of comments in Portuguese, sorry for that. I wasn't thinking about posting the video until I had seen (and eaten) the final result.

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you the wonderful experience that I had grilling two very nice Prime Rib stakes on my OTG.
I seasoned them with EVOO, rock salt and black pepper 30 minutes before cooking. I used a mixture of briquettes and lump for fuel. Cooked them for 4 minutes on direct heat on each side and then moved them to indirect for another 5-6 minutes. Took them off the grill at an internal temperature of ~ 130F. Let them rest for 5 minutes and voila. Best Prime Rib stakes I have ever cooked and probably eaten. I couldn't be happier. They turned out medium-rare, juicy, tender and looking very good. I made a video of some key moments, it is mouth watering! It's a 2 min video and I made a couple of comments in Portuguese, sorry for that. I wasn't thinking about posting the video until I had seen (and eaten) the final result.

Excellent cook turned out perfect looks like you need to do more video cooks.

Ivson;
Welcome to the forum. Those steaks look PERFECT! Nice job in every way!!

I haven't been able to get to my grill for several days. We have about 12" of snow on the ground and my grills and smokers are cold and lonely. The forecast says it will thaw in a couple of days. I can't wait to start grilling and smoking again...

Thanks for sharing with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Nicely Done! One flip, using tongs. No pokes in that meat! A+. I'll take a slice please...

Back