Press Release: Weber Trailblazes New Experiences in Electric, Griddle, and Pellet-Based Outdoor Cooking with Innovative Product Portfolio For 2023

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
This press release covers new gas-, electric-, and pellet-fueled products for 2023, I'm posting it here in the Gas Grills subforum as it will get the most exposure here. No offense intended toward pellet or electric grill fans! ;)

-------------------

WEBER TRAILBLAZES NEW EXPERIENCES IN ELECTRIC, GRIDDLE, AND PELLET-BASED OUTDOOR COOKING WITH INNOVATIVE PRODUCT PORTFOLIO FOR 2023

New LUMIN Electric Grill Smokes, Steams, Barbecues, and Warms Offering “Next Level” Versatility While Delivering Authentic Barbecue Flavors

Suite of Griddle Offerings Transform Gas Grilling and What’s Possible to Cook Outside

PALATINE, ILL., January 18, 2023 – Weber Inc. (NYSE:WEBR), the global leader in outdoor cooking, technology, and products, announced today its innovative new product offerings for the upcoming 2023 barbecue season. Featuring Weber’s advanced technology, high-performance engineering, durable construction, and consumer-led design, the Company's latest electric, griddle, and pellet grills offer extraordinary utility, flexibility, convenience, and endless flavor exploration for those who love to cook outside.

“Our product teams continue to push the boundaries of high-performance outdoor cooking in fuel and product categories that home cooks have just started to explore, including electric, griddle, and pellet grilling,” said Mike Jacobs, Chief Operating Officer of Weber. “To develop this year’s product portfolio, we spent hundreds of hours talking to and cooking with people to determine how our products could help them more fully enjoy coming together around the grill. As a result, this line-up redefines what’s possible when cooking outside by enabling our owners to create delicious new meal options, express their creativity, cook with greater ease, control, and predictability, and simplify clean up.”

HIGH HEAT + VERSATILITY, THE LUMIN ELECTRIC GRILL

Weber’s new LUMIN electric grill is a highly versatile, multifunctional grill. It is designed for those with limited outdoor space and electric-first people who crave barbecue's authentic, delicious flavors yet desire a grill that fits their lifestyle and reflects their eco-conscious fuel choices. The ultra-modern LUMIN grill features a sleek, space-efficient design, making it ideal for smaller outside areas and where other forms of grilling, such as charcoal and gas, are not permitted.

To create a “next-level” electric cooking experience, Weber product experts engineered this first-of-its-kind grill to:

• Reach high heat temperatures of more than 600°F/315°C so that cooks can achieve that authentically grilled flavor they have come to love with Weber products; owners can reach high heat-searing temperatures within 15 minutes.
  • Infuse vegetables and proteins with rich, smokey tastes through a unique smoke mode.
  • Steam vegetables, braise sausages, and keep cooked food warm via different cook settings and specially designed accessories.
  • Thaw frozen foods directly on the grill while it preheats to save time and simplify mealtime for busy cooks.
  • Make clean-up a breeze with a front-access grease tray and dishwasher-friendly, porcelain-enamel cast iron cooking grates.
The LUMIN grill also features a porcelain-enamel steel lid and cook box for superior durability and long-term corrosion resistance. Additionally, Weber engineers created a line of accessories that further broadens what outdoor cooks can do on this unique grill, including a stand, grill cover, griddle insert, and more. The LUMIN grill is available now on weber.com and from retail partners in the Americas and Europe. Outdoor cooks can select from full-size or compact models and a variety of vibrant colors, including Ice Blue, Deep Ocean Blue, Golden Yellow, Seafoam Green, Black, and Crimson. Available models and colors will vary by geographic region.

NEW POSSIBILITIES, WEBER’S GRIDDLE PRODUCT SUITE

Weber engineers leveraged their deep expertise in high-performance heat management to create full-size griddle inserts that transform SPIRIT® and GENESIS® gas grills into full-size griddles within seconds and Weber’s first stand-alone gas griddle. With these new products, Weber now offers the industry’s leading line of griddle products.

Instantly Convert SPIRIT and GENESIS Gas Grills into Full-Size Griddles

To help SPIRIT and GENESIS gas grill owners effortlessly experience the different menu options and flavors griddle cooking opens, Weber product designers created high-quality, durable, full-size griddle inserts. These accessories fit the Company's SPIRIT and GENESIS gas grill lines. Weber grill owners can easily remove their gas grill's cooking grates and replace them with a new SPIRIT or GENESIS Full-Size Griddle insert, transforming the entire cooking surface into a full griddle.

SPIRIT and GENESIS Full-size Griddles will be available on weber.com and at retail partners in the Americas and Europe this spring.

Powerful, Even Heat with the Stand-Alone WEBER® Griddle

The new, stand-alone WEBER Griddle is ideal for outdoor cooks who love the versatility, convenience, expanded menu options, and delicious tastes griddle cooking provides. This griddle features:

• Specially engineered burner technology that delivers powerful, even heat and is capable of reaching temperatures of 500°F/260°C and higher. In addition, this technology makes cooking on a griddle more convenient and controllable, even after adding cold food to the cooking surface.
  • Two side tables for greater simplicity in preparing and serving meals fresh off the griddle, along with hooks for tools, so they are “within hand’s reach” while cooking.
  • A high-capacity grease management system easily accessed in the front of the griddle for less mess during cleaning.
Two models, a 36” and a 28”, of the WEBER Griddle will be available in the United States and Canada this spring. Both models also feature aluminized steel cook boxes to prevent corrosion. Additionally, the 36” WEBER Griddle includes heavy-duty caster wheels for easy maneuverability. A five-year limited warranty backs each model.

Expand What’s Possible with Weber’s New Griddle Accessories

To round out its griddle suite of products, Weber will also offer a series of new high-quality tools and accessories. Specially designed for novice and experienced griddle cooks alike, this accessory collection includes stainless steel spatulas, egg rings, a cast iron press, squeeze bottles, and a basting dome, among others.

MORE FLAVOR, MORE CAPACITY, SMOKEFIRE® SEAR+ WOOD FIRED PELLET GRILL

Weber product experts continue to enhance the brand’s award-winning, direct heat-design, all-in-one SMOKEFIRE wood fired pellet grill line, which features a broad 200-600° temperature range to allow grilling enthusiasts to sear, smoke, and everything in between.

With all the features of Weber’s SMOKEFIRE, STEALTH Edition grill, the new all-black SMOKEFIRE Sear+ grill offers pellet cooks more capacity, convenience, and ways to enjoy the rich, smokey flavor that comes with the perfect sear. It includes:

• An extra-large, folding top cooking grate for more room and flexibility so that outdoor cooks can create a variety of dishes at once or ample food for a crowd.
  • An additional side table with tool hooks, making food preparation, grilling, and accessory storage more convenient.
  • Grate hooks that simplify storing the main and top cook rack.
  • The WEBER CRAFTED OUTDOOR KITCHEN COLLECTION® Dual-Sided Sear Grate for those coveted sear marks. This extra-large porcelain enamel grate is designed for larger foods on one side and smaller, more delicate items on the reverse side.
The SMOKEFIRE Sear+ pellet grill is compatible with the WEBER CRAFTED® line of accessories, which transform the grill into a complete outdoor kitchen. It also comes with the Company’s proprietary WEBER CONNECT® technology. This technology allows outdoor cooks to control and adjust the grill’s settings and receive notifications and step-by-step assistance on their smart devices to achieve perfectly grilled food every time.

Additionally, the grill includes Weber’s exclusive easy-clean pellet system, which directs ash and grease into a removable drawer. And it’s porcelain enamel finish provides superior durability and long-term corrosion resistance.

Two SMOKEFIRE Sear+ pellet grill models, the ELX4 and ELX6, will be available online at weber.com and retail partner websites in the Americas this spring.

ABOUT WEBER INC.

Weber Inc. headquartered in Palatine, Ill., is the world’s leading barbecue brand. The Company’s founder George Stephen, Sr., established the outdoor cooking category when he invented the original kettle charcoal grill more than 70 years ago. Weber offers a comprehensive, innovative product portfolio, including charcoal, gas, pellet, and electric grills, smokers, griddles, and accessories designed to help outdoor cooking enthusiasts discover what’s possible. Weber offers its barbecue grills and accessories, services, and experiences to a passionate community of millions across 78 countries.

WEBER®, GENESIS®, SPIRIT®, SMOKEFIRE®, WEBER CRAFTED®, WEBER CRAFTED OUTDOOR KITCHEN COLLECTION® and WEBER CONNECT® are U.S. registered trademarks owned by Weber-Stephen Products LLC. LUMIN™ is also a trademark of Weber-Stephen Products LLC and is the subject of pending registrations or applications in the United States and other countries.

I like the fact that Weber is still very much into R&D and keeps coming up with new products. I just hope they stay true to their roots and ensure they continue to improve their baseline gas and coal burners.

“Talking to and cooking with people”…🤔 wonder if they all had suit and tie on or just regular folk?

I WILL be purchasing the standalone griddle. I like my Blackstone but, I’m a self-admitted Weber he’s so there’s that.

We’re looking at the Lumin as a graduation present for our boy, and may add one myself to play with.

Interesting that the Smokefire Sear+ looks exactly like the Stealth….

I have to think there's a market for the electric griddle or an electric grill among the millions that live in condos, townhomes and apartments that have small balconies, decks or courtyards and have restrictive HOA rules as mentioned in that FB post.

I have to think there's a market for the electric griddle or an electric grill among the millions that live in condos, townhomes and apartments that have small balconies, decks or courtyards and have restrictive HOA rules as mentioned in that FB post.
I just don't think these will get much traction in the US or other 110 volt countries as it is not enough power. Probably be great on 220 Volts. Maybe if they require new construction with outside 220 v sockets.

I just don't think these will get much traction in the US or other 110 volt countries as it is not enough power. Probably be great on 220 Volts. Maybe if they require new construction with outside 220 v sockets.
You're probably right. Not the first electric outdoor cooking machines to come along, that's for sure. I guess the demographic I suggested would have bought into it by now if there were a demand.

They seem to be claiming better engineering allowing this Lumin to reach 600 degrees even with 110. I guess we will have to wait for some real user reviews. I know they tried to downgrade the "Pulse" that was sold in Europe with the equivalent of 220. I saw one of those in Germany and was impressed - at least to the extent that if you needed an electric grill. I had serious doubts about the 110 US model that came out later.

So, Weber will have to convince buyers this one is different if it is going to sell well. I do think their accessories (expensive, of course) could make this into a really nice grill if you are OK with the price. I think, though, we all will have to adjust to the reality of new grill pricing in today's market.

Although I'm not in the market for any more grills, it's great to see Weber coming out with new equipment to keep its place in the grilling world.
Hopefully this will get them back in the game again.

I'm not interested in purchasing an electric grill but I would like to have a neighbor with one and be invited to dine with them; I'd like to see it in action and how its smoke infusion capability performs.

Achieving a temperature is one thing maintaining it in actual cooking is another. Sadly IMO there is no "magic" bullet that gives 110v 15 amp max standard US AC standards the power to actually do this. Unless you confine the heating elements in VERY small areas. The only electric grills I have ever seen actually be credibly able to maintain actual grilling speed temps needs 220V. There is no "magic" bullet that turns a typical 1500 Watt outlet into a power house.

I have used the Q140's and I agree with Larry. They work, but take a long time to heat up and if you are the kind of guy that likes to keep opening the lid to peak at the food, it will take a long time to cook the food.
Those electric Q's have been marketed to the condo/apartment communities that restrict open flame grills. I have actually rehabbed and sold a half dozen of them over the last 4 or 5 years. Most of those were sold through my sister who lives in Minneapolis where there are a lot of housing complexes that have open flame grill restrictions. They don't sell well at all in rural Wisconsin. People just don't buy them unless that is their only choice.

I'm not smart enough to know what mass space can be heated to 600f by an element that's supported by a US outlet but just judging by some of the pics the grill looks rather small.

I don't know if this pic depicts the larger or smaller grill, but left to assumptions only it would seem they would show pics of the larger size. This appears to show half of the cooking surface:
1674229106342.png

I don't share this opinion to imply it as a downside; it seems logical that electric users would be small household headcounts.

Well, the Larger Lumin grill is smaller than a Q2xx sized grill. I would say you are pushing it if you want to cook for more than three people. The larger Lumin is 242 sq in of cooking space while the Q2xx is 280 sq in. I cook on a Q200 pretty regular, but only for 2-3 people at a time. I move up to a Genesis to cook for any more than that.

I'm not smart enough to know what mass space can be heated to 600f by an element that's supported by a US outlet but just judging by some of the pics the grill looks rather small.

I don't know if this pic depicts the larger or smaller grill, but left to assumptions only it would seem they would show pics of the larger size. This appears to show half of the cooking surface:
View attachment 65334

I don't share this opinion to imply it as a downside; it seems logical that electric users would be small household headcounts.
All the photos I have seen, seem to hide the size of the grill interior. If they show the grates, they either don't show the grates in the entirety as in the photo above or they don't have anything in the photo to use as a size reference.

Back