Post a picture of yourself! *****

To continue with the fishing theme, here's one from a couple of years ago.
DSCN2403.JPG

Hope to go back one day.

Les Stubby

Jim K

One of the most memorable days of my life-not a soul around except the guide and I actually caught a good number of fish, a rarity for me.

Les

17368477.jpg

And doing my other obsession, whitewater kayaking. If aint kayaing I have something in the smoker...lol.

45116_415359611684_627066684_5233025_209765_n.jpg

44451_415363601684_627066684_5233084_752189_n.jpg

44490_414878981684_627066684_5220596_6642912_n.jpg

Some great shot's there Bill. Ever make it up to the Ottawa river? Some good water there, and a controlled flow.

Originally posted by Trev:
Some great shot's there Bill. Ever make it up to the Ottawa river? Some good water there, and a controlled flow.

Thx...No, but I've been wanting to. My buddy made it there this year, he lives pretty much right at the border. Some big water there. Do you paddle?

Originally posted by Bill S.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trev:

Thx...No, but I've been wanting to. My buddy made it there this year, he lives pretty much right at the border. Some big water there. Do you paddle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill, I was down the Ottawa last year when the family and I did a 2 day rafting binge on the Ottawa. There's some crazy rapids there. The 'Bus Eater' was the worst (best) rapid and we actually made it through. Not so lucky on most others.
I'm more into canoeing, and mostly flat water too, but my wife and I have talked about getting into ww yakking sometime after the kids are all on their own.
We'll see how it goes. Personally, I'm more interested in learning to surf, but anything in/on the water is cool with me.

Mr schatte looking forward to se some bbq game meat!

My father in law hunts alot so i have an easy access to :Elk,Wild boar,deer and stag.

Share some recipes so i can blow them away,i need that to keep the "in-law-karma-account" on the + side
icon_wink.gif

Wol,
I wish I hunted enough to give you some real good advice. Elk steaks, roasts, tenderloin
icon_rolleyes.gif
are dreamy.

But game meat in general isn't really suited to bbq techniques. More suited to grilling...it's just too lean. Most internet advice on smoking some that sounded good to me included brining, injecting, and or wrapping in bacon. Watch you r temps carefully to avoid overcooking. Overcooked game meat usually is pretty bad.

That wild bore might be an exception.

I can provide advice on camp poker drinking and falling out of chairs. Interested? Dennis

Hey fellas, just a quick note. I did some wild boar and it came out ok. I brined it, but it is pretty lean. Not the best pork I've had, but ok. By the way, I love this thread Wolgast.

Hey Dennis S ..... You related to ShoddyHog from Fenton, MO? You guys could be brothers! Does the Carbondale Pork District ring a bell?

Originally posted by Wayne_R:
EASTERN SIERRA FISHING! My #1 go to place when life gets hectic at home. Love them Sierras!!!

Wayne, nice fishing spot!

I got tired of the city rat race and moved to where life goes at a slower pace. I still consider Riverside my home town as I grew up on 7th Street (now Mission Inn Blvd) between Redwood & Pine. We were there in August for a few days staying at Jurpa park in our RV and visiting my sisters. Riverside has changed a lot in 25 years!!!

Back