Post a picture of yourself! *****

Originally posted by Sheldon Koehler:

Wayne, nice fishing spot!

I got tired of the city rat race and moved to where life goes at a slower pace.. Riverside has changed a lot in 25 years!!!

Over in the "Wood Streets" area? Cool, you go to school at Poly?

Yea, I have a love/hate relationship with the city, as do most of my friends. Weather can get really hot, crowded freeways, smog. But there is lot to love about the city too Victoria Ave., Mission Inn, citrus history/small town atmosphere for a city of @1 million or so. Lack of BBQ though??

Maybe with a few more grays on my head that slower pace will come too
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Wayne_R:
[Over in the "Wood Streets" area? Cool, you go to school at Poly?

Yea, I have a love/hate relationship with the city, as do most of my friends. Weather can get really hot, crowded freeways, smog. But there is lot to love about the city too Victoria Ave., Mission Inn, citrus history/small town atmosphere for a city of @1 million or so. Lack of BBQ though??

Maybe with a few more grays on my head that slower pace will come too
icon_wink.gif

Population was only about 250,000 and Moreno Vally did not exist. I grew up close to Downtown right by Mt Rubidoux. I went to North High, class 1980. My first taste of good BBQ was at the old Riverside Raceway during the Winston 500. Someone was selling half chickens for like $3 with a side of beans and slaw.

I decided I wanted to grow my gray hairs at a slower pace... here I have to drive about 90 minutes just to GET to a freeway!

Through the often seemingly endless days of gray though... .

I do like Port Angeles and its environs. Scouted property from Eugene to Everett to Cle Elum years ago. But the gray...

I ride Rubidoux when I'm in Riverside. Good bike trails. Still like to end up downtown in the afternoon. It's a good one.

Here's me just today smokin' up some spares on my 22.5 OTS and enjoying a Sam Adams Imperial Stout:

SL371199sm.jpg

Barret

Originally posted by K Kruger:

I ride Rubidoux when I'm in Riverside. Good bike trails. Still like to end up downtown in the afternoon. It's a good one.

Yea Rubidoux is great in the Fall/Winter/Spring. Just not when it is 108 degrees outside.

Downtown is fun, especially around the holidays and the "Festival of Lights" is going. Old buildings, Christmas cheer, cold beer = Great times!!

festlights.jpg

That must be the new 22 1/2" WSM in action? Boy, I sure could use one of those and a Ranch Kettle. My birthday is Xmas in case you're listening.

Hopefully I don't break the internet by posting these. First one is myself about a year ago after my first fishing trip on my new kayak. Caught it first cast. Found a whole school of Reds tailing early in the morning in about 1' of water.

Brianfish.jpg

Then this is from about 10 years ago when I used to enduro race. From the right is myself, Dan Harvey Jr., Richard Sissons and Dan Harvey Sr.

41177_105707656155671_100001493120210_42691_937025_n.jpg

Back