Post a picture of your pets.

Heidi had a stroke two days ago and we had to put her down.
It sucks but I had to do it for her.
She was out of it for most of the day, but when the vet walked into the room she perked up and had her ears up in protective mode.
Good girl, I still miss her..
My heart goes out to you, Timothy.

I hope this doesn't come across as seeking empathy; I know many of you have said goodbye to your beloved pets and my loss is no greater than yours. I touched on this in a non-related post or two but Chucky became unexpectedly ill a couple months ago and did not recover. We adopted him 12 years ago when he was 1 (I did scheme for him but that's too lengthy to share here, lol). Little did we know what positive impact he would have on our lives and that of visiting friends and relatives; he was dearly treasured by all who met him.

He loved all of us but I was somehow blessed as his first-in-line companion whenever I was home. My Son took this pic a couple days before we said goodbye. I know you understand the process of preparing for your pet's departure is exhausting and this was one evening when we both found a few minutes of sleep.

I'm certain I'll always miss my little Buddy but we most likely will always have a rotation of dogs and/or cats, most of whom find us and show-up at our house by natural means and Shelley and I feel somewhat honored that we are able to provide for them.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have an enjoyable Labor Day Holiday weekend!

messages_0 (8).jpeg

That's a good picture of your buddy, and the dog, too..... :)

It doesn't get better, it does get a little less difficult. Give 'em a good home.

Brian, this does not come across as seeking empathy, but you will find plenty of that here anyway. There are obviously many dog and cat lovers here and most of us have walked in your shoes.
You and Chucky had a special connection. I know you have struggled with this and my heart hurts for you.
I hope you take comfort in knowing you gave him a wonderful life and did what was best for him, right up to the end.
Warm wishes of comfort to you, Shelley, and your family.

I think I mentioned we adopted Shelley's Mom's two dogs after she passed away in December. This is Tia; she's 16 and looks cute but she's not affectionate. I actually call her Maxine sometimes, lol. If someone reaches down to pet her she goes the opposite direction and if you happen to touch her before she gets away she shakes it off. Well, a couple weeks ago she experienced some medical event. I heard a noise and saw her flopping like a fish. At first we thought she was having a seizure. A couple minutes later we wondered if she may have had a stroke and it seemed as if she had no mobility in part of her body. Shelley held her in her lap for an hour and then sat her down to see how she would respond. She got on all fours and walked off as-if nothing happened.

Since then, her eyes have never clouded (we had to clean them daily) and she remains at our side when we pet her. It's the funniest thing. We joke that she's good for another 20 years.

20210824_105959-2.jpg

Back