Post a picture of your pets.

I started this thread at the bottom, somehow I had missed it before. I could say something about everyone of them, but I think
I've taken up enough space. These are ALL beautiful pets! :love:

View attachment 23528

These are / were my pups. The one on the left is Jett. She was a rescue and is a Schipperke / Lab mix. She’s about 7 years old and is a mush. She’s very attached to my wife and kids.

The handsome boy on the right was my best friend for 15 and a half years. His name was Diesel, and I miss him tremendously. He was a miniature pincsher. He was with me with I moved out of my parents place, when I got married and when I brought each of my daughters home. So smart and just a very chill guy. No barking, loved to follow me in and out of the house when the BBQ was going. We lost him just this last October when he stopped eating and eventually let us know it was time to cross the rainbow bridge. I take comfort that he‘s with his brother Harley, who I lost 7 years back (Hence, the introduction of Jett) and my grandmother who would sneak him treats.

So sorry to hear about Diesel. I know Harley and Grandma are taking good care of him.

1614896331891.png1614951844079.png
Sorry to post again, I could not find the original of Gracie falling asleep while reading. The pictures are backwards. In the second one she is telling
DH that the book is boring. lol

Last edited:
20140727-GUNS0932-L.jpg

20140727-GUNS1045-L.jpg

Sadly no longer with us - we are searching for another one (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) but have been unable to find a good breeder. Shown here being rather insulted he was not allowed to sit at the table INSIDE the restaurant. His claim to fame....he had over 20 different toys and would go get each one correctly by it's name...he was smarter than some people I know.

1614978146689.png

Our 11 week old corgis
View attachment 23501
They're sizing you up big time, Mark. Be afraid...be very afraid. ;)

Again, I have a soft spot for those gray faces. Do you think she is Belgian Malinois? I haven't seen a brindle before, but I had a
"mutt" Belgian. She had that same sweet face and her black mask turned all white.
When we adopted her (in no time it turned out to be the other way around) we were told she was a beagle/basset/black lab mix, which could help explain her coloring. From time to time we thought about genetic testing out of curiosity, but in the end the results wouldn't've mattered and she would've still been just The Dog.;)

She passed last November but prior to that I enrolled her in the Dog Aging Project, a collaborative effort to analyze and improve dogs' lives and longevity. She made our lives better and if she can do the same for other dogs it's just gravy...

My precious Mother-in-law unexpectedly passed away in December and, so, we have been caring for Katie and Tia. They are both seniors and Tia no longer has the ability to control her bladder nor bowel movements; she also needs to be hand-fed. They are grateful for our care, and we feel enriched for being able to help them.

20210313_145348.jpg

My precious Mother-in-law unexpectedly passed away in December and, so, we have been caring for Katie and Tia. They are both seniors and Tia no longer has the ability to control her bladder nor bowel movements; she also needs to be hand-fed. They are grateful for our care, and we feel enriched for being able to help them.
Good for you. I feel like it's one of the last things we can do for our loved ones - to finish caring for their beloved pets.
This is not an easy responsibility you've taken on, but you know you are doing the "stand-up" thing. :)
Katie and Tia are very lucky to have you and your wife. I'm sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law.

Back