Porterhouse night

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
You know how it is.... you've had a good week, you hit the store, you see the porterhouse steaks.... they look so good you just gotta char em' up. Wouldn't you know it? Two of those porterhouses followed me home! I seasoned them liberally with kosher salt and stuck them in the fridge for about an hour, then took the steaks out, and put them on the counter while I started getting the PK ready to rumble.

Here I am starting off a pile of Rockwood lump with 1 tumbleweed stuck in the middle. After about 15 minutes, I give the charcoal a stir, and then wait about another 5 minutes.

IMG-3797.jpg

Here we are close to the end of the cook. The pyrotechnics don't scare me.... I'm getting them crusty, just the way I like.

IMG-3801.jpg

Two porterhouse steaks, ready for a rest!

IMG-3802.jpg

Here's my plate, some sliced porterhouse, garlic bread, roasted broccoli and garlicky mint/parsley and olive oil chimichurri sauce.

IMG-3809.jpg

Those are some fine looking porterhouses (my favorite steak), and you obviously knew what to do with them! 🍽

I will be indulging in a massive ribeye in the next week at the cottage! Unless we have more other treats up there. If that’s the case, I will treat myself after we return.

Back